DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
NEW! DOSGames.com has been massively upgraded to v2.0 with TONS of new features!
Check out the new design and dozens of new features including online play!

The spambot report thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Discussion Forum Trouble Reports
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:46 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just moved a suspicious topic (possible warez links) to Trash Heap for evaluation by the administrators. I can't access archive org now (browser keeps warning me of "untrusted connections"), and knowing the tendency of random people to upload warez to that site (sadly) I decided to err on the side of caution. You can restore that post if you feel the move was unjustified.
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:56 pm     Post subject: God, Cheese-its & Rice, is number one!hehe Reply with quote

Cheese-its & Rice!hehe

In all fairness I just saw 3 or such possible nudity games like Strip Poker, Uncover It, and possibly many more. I remember as a kid I did play those games however I wish I never had. I should have waited until I got married instead of messing around and having "sweet" dreams all the time. So that is my personal reason for saying "No." However I also had a great time with the other games like Pac-Man, Pitfall, and such. If it were my kid it would be a tough choice. I don't want my kids exposed to stuffs like that before they are ready with enough money, house, car, and such so they are ready for a family. Even then I think just getting to know each other the natural way is more than enough excitement in my humble opinion. Besides I can't be the ones to spoil it for the kids the joy of being with someone special.

Bless God for my two real parents! They always taught me to stay away from PlayBoy and such at an early age. I didn't understand why until I was older that those things make you too excited at an early age. However God saved me before it was too late and just put this sense of vibe in me that tells me it just wasn't good.

Honour to my real dad Nguyen Binh Thuy (for me anyways).
Honour to my real mom Huong Thi Vu (for me anyways).

Bless my real mom Huong Thi Vu for still being here. She has to watch my sister who is in her 30's have her first kid. It must be hard and scary to be a mom for the first time. You probably want to give all your love to your kid and want to protect them with all you've got!!!!!!!!!!!!

MrFlibble wrote:
I've just moved a suspicious topic (possible warez links) to Trash Heap for evaluation by the administrators. I can't access archive org now (browser keeps warning me of "untrusted connections"), and knowing the tendency of random people to upload warez to that site (sadly) I decided to err on the side of caution. You can restore that post if you feel the move was unjustified.
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:10 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

MrFlibble wrote:

You were right to do so, deleted other posts. If person keeps posting we'll ban.

Happy

@Tien, I'd appreciate it if you keep your 'spam' out of this thread.. Thanks
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:37 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Another bot:
http://www.dosgames.com/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=13322

Three posts Trash Heap'd.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:34 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Individual post needs to be moved or deleted:
http://www.dosgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=127066#127066

Not spam but inappropriate advertising.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:23 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Spambot/spammer:
http://www.dosgames.com/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=12121

Posted a something vaguely relevant (post now deleted), later edited the signature to insert links to unrelated websites.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:28 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

This seems to have become a rather frequent poster/bot in the forums I know lately:
http://www.dosgames.com/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=13335

Post Trash Heap'd.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:57 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Multiple spam threads moved to Trash Heap.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:55 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

The same bot made more posts, which seem to be in Korean. It's a guest poster, but I guess at least the username can be banned.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:06 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

The bot's back under a different name.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:15 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just moved several dozens of new Korean (?) spam stuff to the Trash Heap. Maybe you could block their IPs or something?

BTW, is it possible to change the type of spam countermeasure both for registrations and guest posts? It seems like the new 'bots (or human spammers?) have a way of bypassing captcha. What about a custom question related to the site or DOS games?
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:47 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Or perhaps gate posts - only allow a few posts in a short period of time from "guests and members with less than 20 posts" or something? Then the bot can't drop 20 posts in three minutes.
Rwolf
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:45 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

That could be a generic limit for all IMO - *nobody* (sane) should post 20 (or even less) postings in such short time, especially not so identical ones.

I thought I saw some half-disguised weblink in the spam, ending in circled .com letters; maybe such a string can be used in a simple filter too.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:31 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Guest posters cannot edit their posts. If a user requests a game and then remembers some more details, they have no choice but to make a second post in the same thread (some make a new thread about the same subject, although thankfully it's pretty rare). Introducing a forced pause between posts will make this even less convenient.

Actually, I'd vote for abandoning the practice of guest posts altogether. Registering doesn't take up much time, and the user will enjoy all the benefits of the full account in such case.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:00 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Another spammer:
http://www.dosgames.com/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=13317

Posts moved to Heap, as usual.
Rwolf
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:25 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Two spammers; one 'randalldall' is on-topic, but really just selling a pay-to-win game:
http://www.dosgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21216

The other spammer 'gtrevg' is a normal clueless type, posting 6 ads:
http://www.dosgames.com/forum/search.php?search_author=gtrevg
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:38 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Both Trash Heap'd, waiting for admins to clean up the accounts. Thanks.

[Edit] In addition here's a copy-paste spambot:
http://www.dosgames.com/forum/search.php?search_author=HyuhjbGF

Posts deleted. On a side note, it edited the copied parts from other users' posts a bit. Not sure if this is automatic or not.
Cmaza
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:49 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

MrFlibble wrote:
On a side note, it edited the copied parts from other users' posts a bit. Not sure if this is automatic or not.

This is normal behaviour for spambots; Almost always automatic. Useful as a potential indicator. :-)
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:09 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean that usually a copy-paste bot copies a part of another user's post straight away. But this time there were small modifications. For example, it took the sentence "I've need gotten any games with my whiskey" and changed it to "I've got any games with my whiskey" (IIRC). This is what made me wonder if this was a fully automatic bot or a person.

I encountered a copy-paste bot once that would seemingly run copied text through recursive translation to make an appearance of vaguely on-topic posts made by a non-native speaker. It actually nearly managed to deceive me with this, or at least I had some reasonable doubts if it was a bot or not. However, there was a user in that forum who would put her signature right into the post text, and the bot copied her posts too. The signature of course was not altered by the recursive translation, which gave away the fact that it was a copy-paste bot.
Rwolf
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:48 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Another bot called 'Fionaly'. This time spamming in German.

http://www.dosgames.com/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=13325

edit: the posts were removed, but one have now resurfaced:
http://www.dosgames.com/forum/search.php?search_author=fionaly

It might be the bot is monitored?

For some reason, the listed number of posts are one more than the actual.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Discussion Forum Trouble Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 10 of 16