May need some help here

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
Tweaked700

May need some help here

Post by Tweaked700 »

Ok, like many, I cannot remember the name of this game but I can give good description. The game was one of the first windows 95 games and I believe worked with DOS as well. Your ship looked like a gray Kilrathi Dralthi that always stayed in the middle of the screen unless you went to any of the edges of the game level. Below you were well drawn trees and landscapes. You could get power-ups and your ship was surrounded by a circle of squares that lit up in the direction of your mission objective. This was no 256 color game and you needed a decent computer (Pentium 166 16 meg) at the time to play it. Your ship had a shielding that could be recharged and if I’m not mistaken, your weapons needed to be recharged as well. The imagery was 3-D even though it was really 2-D (Like Starcraft). I think in the last mission of the shareware version, you fought a much larger ship to win. This is not much to go on but I hope this can give you some ideas.

Tweaked700
DOS Machine Setup
CPU: Pentium 200 (non mmx)
Memory: 64 megs of RAM (100 nanosecond DIMMS)
Sound: Original (like 1992) Sound Blaster 16 ^I will NEVER Throw this baby away!
Video Card: Diamond Stealth Viper 16 megs
Video Monitor: (1993) Compaq SVGA (They made good monitors back then)
Hard Drive: FAT 16 10 GB Hard Drive
Partition: C:\ 2 GB D:\….I forgot.
Tweaked700

Post by Tweaked700 »

Anyone? Help? :(
DOS Machine Setup
Sound: Original (like 1992) Sound Blaster 16 ^I will NEVER Throw this baby away!
McFire

needed game

Post by McFire »

Deep inside my foggy brain there is the word "tubular..." but I knew, it's not exactly the whole title. I remember good graphics.
Perhaps it's a little bit helpful to seek the game.

GrMcF.
Tweaked700

Post by Tweaked700 »

Tublar Worlds? Na, but that was a good game. If I recall, each level, you were on a mission. Sometimes you actually had to pick spys up and drop them off to finish a mission. I hope Im not confusing this with something else. Gha! :Angry: The word is right at the tip of my keyboard and I just cannot remember it.
DOS Machine Setup
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

i had a game where you flew around in a helicopter that sounds kinda similar (but it was for my NES). It was called Thunderhawk (or summin like that)