God, Jesus Christ, is number one!hehe

Discuss popular GCS tools like ZZT, Megazeux and Adventure Game Studio, as well as programming and other topics related to game design.
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

Jesus Christ!hehe

Well, since I mostly remember playing Pac-Man as a kid I will try to talk about its remake. Here in this edition, Pac-Man has a path. The programming side of it is actually a little more complex than what it looks. Making is go from one side of the path to the other is fine! However, detecting the two boundaries on top and bottom so Pac-Man would not cross it takes a little more work. In this edition, I managed to make it wrap around to the other side when you cross a point. So here is a step above the basics.

As one of my friend used to say 'build upon what you have already done a little at a time' then you eventually have the whole game. That has yet to be seen! haha

http://www.mediafire.com/view/78rvg2hxz ... PACPATHS.C

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1b1b3 ... CPATHS.EXE
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Then please bless my mom.
Honour to my mom Huong Thi Vu
Honour to my dad Thuy Binh Nguyen
Love to cousin Carl Anh Cuong Cao Vu
Thank you Jesus Christ.
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

Jesus Christ!hehe

Thank you ahead of time to the producers of Pac-Man for letting me use their likeness.

In this edition, I have created the next step. The dots are installed. Everytime it is eaten, a sound is made.

I hope you all enjoy my remakes, tutorials and such.

I always wanted to be a Borland Turbo C 2.01 and Borland Turbo Assembler 4.1 developer officially.

Remember, I am on welfare so thank you for your support.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/8y4v7g1xcvn71nb/PACDOTS.C

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ncbnm ... ACDOTS.EXE

Thank you Jesus for all my blessings for the rest of my lives##!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Thank you Jesus Christ.
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

Can you start titling your threads to reflect the content within them? It's getting confusing when every thread you post is the same name. I have no idea how you keep them all straight.
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

My next Pac-Man step in the remake process: Paths.

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

Now we have a little path to move around on. I hope you enjoy the remake as much as I enjoy making them for you!

http://www.mediafire.com/view/1uxq57h5k ... PACPATH2.C

http://www.mediafire.com/download/mw6gq ... CPATH2.EXE
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Thank you Jesus Christ.
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

You should use Github or something to keep your versions separated and easier to follow.
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

Jesus Christ!hehe

Thank you Wardrich for the suggestion. I just completely checked out Github and it is too complex for me. I am only a little guy. Github seems to be exposed too much in my personal opinion. However, as the remake author I give my permission to anyone who would like to publish my source for others to view on Github. I am just not that good with that stuffs. All I know is how to take perfect care of my family by being a brand new developer using Borland Turbo C 2.01 and Borland Turbo Assembler 4.1. I just hope I can do this work for the remainder of my life and pass away knowing God is always there for me all along. When I pass away at 100 years old I just want to know I made a difference in my family's life. I saved them from messing up their life. Thank you Jesus!

Anyways, here is a little cross for Pac-Man to travel to say thanks to Jesus for all he does for me every day:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/1a1oxi888784uul/PACWAY.C

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7hgke ... PACWAY.EXE
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Thank you Jesus Christ.
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

Jesus Christ!hehe

Well, this is a secret. However, I am giving it away seeing I am the brand new developer using Borland Turbo C 2.01 and Borland Turbo Assembler 4.1. Remember, if you can help me out just help out where you can. Sometimes the little things mean more than you think. Anyways, here is a new path for Pac-Man to travel on.

For those who are learning to be a game developer, I have created a couple routines that automatically plots a path in a certain direction. It still needs guidance from people however once you get the hang of it you can make your own maze and stuffs even if I pass away.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/1s4406ye6 ... PACWAY02.C

http://www.mediafire.com/download/qrwth ... CWAY02.EXE
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Thank you Jesus Christ.
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

Jesus!

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

Jesus!

I am totally drained.

Helping around the house half the time while programming the other half.

There are days I just can't take it anymore.

The stress gets too much.

Finally, the entire job is coming closer to end.

However this is only one end of a section of the house.

The cabinet needs to be painted.

Then the marble needs to be put on top.

Then the sink has to go in.

Maybe two light switches has to be changed.
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Thank you Jesus Christ.
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

Jesus Christ!hehe

Here is my latest.

It is called, "EasyType".

I hope all who desire to be a PRO gets to be one after using my program.

May Jesus bless you!

http://www.mediafire.com/view/nnf11typ8 ... EASYTYPE.C

http://www.mediafire.com/download/kyd3k ... SYTYPE.EXE
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Thank you Jesus Christ.
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

How about Sourceforge? Never really looked into that one, though.

My biggest concerns with your posts is that they're kind of all over the place. If you used a repository, you could have a nice index of all of your projects, and each project would have its own page with past and current versions available. You could then keep one thread on here to notify us on updates to your games.

The other option may be to create a Wordpress site. You could use a page for each program, and manage them with posts or similar. Just some food for thought. The more you develop and post on here, the more strung out and confusing it's going to get.
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

Jesus Christ!hehe

The reason I post using MediaFire is because it is very trustworthy in my opinion. It has no problem even though you are a popular developer to tell others that if they download an ".EXE" file that it is usually a virus of some sorts. So don't ever download ".EXE" files unless you truly have a good reason to trust the source coder and such.
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Thank you Jesus Christ.
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

Jesus! I have an answer............

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

....................I usually have a reason I post to certain sections. It does have a logical explanation. However it either relates strongly to one or the other which ever is more popular at the moment.

My user base is very small. My statistical count for current downloads to date is only about 3000 users which is kinda maybe the number of users on this website.

Since 90% of my stuffs are DOSBox specific and really related to DOS my downloaders are primarily here. Besides I really like this small group of people I have come to know.

If I have a wider audience like in Github there are millions of people and then I lose control. If millions of people are talking to me I would never be able to find what to program next that is good.

Besides that Github is not really related to DOS just coding. I want to be able to share not only my coding, but also my final product ready to be run and pre-compiled so people who do not know a thing can just double click or type the name of the program and it runs.

Github has many extra steps where people have to go to Github then come back to DOSgames, and such.

The same line of thought goes to SourceForge.

However, my dad always tells me to have a backup plan just in case my old and reliable doesn't come through. So thank you for the options. I know two more places I can deposit my codes.

However it makes me feel unfaithful to my favourite website here hehe

Anyways, stuffs around the house is starting to get back to normal THANK YOU JESUS! Just another week and I should be back to coding and producing games again in my leisure. Right now I am really tired out because I do not get much rest. My prayers take like an hour. I try to sleep for 8 hours however when I am doing house work and programming it could be reduced to 5-ish.
wardrich wrote:How about Sourceforge? Never really looked into that one, though.

My biggest concerns with your posts is that they're kind of all over the place. If you used a repository, you could have a nice index of all of your projects, and each project would have its own page with past and current versions available. You could then keep one thread on here to notify us on updates to your games.

The other option may be to create a Wordpress site. You could use a page for each program, and manage them with posts or similar. Just some food for thought. The more you develop and post on here, the more strung out and confusing it's going to get.
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Thank you Jesus Christ.
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

I would personally trust Sourceforge more than Mediafire. Mediafire (to me) has always been more of a temporary dumping ground. A place to upload a file and then forget about it. It is handy for things like .exe files, though. That being said, when you're pumping out a lot of exe files, it's best to try to keep things nicely indexed and organized. You could quickly track revisions and see what's changed and when.

Another suggestion may be to create one thread per application (or one thread for all of your applications) and update the first post to append a link every time you've updated a program, and a quick update on what's new. You could use the quote tag to keep things even more streamlined.

IE:
Faketron v1.0 [download]
1-10-15

Very basic prototype of a game I'm making. Right now you can just control your line. No AI or object yet.
Faketron v1.5 [download]
1-11-15

Updated the game a bit to add a very basic AI. No collision detection or score system set up, though.
Faketron V2.0 [download]
1-11-15

Had a few more minutes today to add more programming to the game. Added very rough collision detection and scoring system. I plan on revising this significantly over future releases.
And so on....
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

Jesus Christ!hehe

Thank you Wardrich. Very well put. I am sure I will go that route for now anyways. Thank you for the suggestions.

Well, I'm still short on time since I have a full day planned for people to come in and work on the house.

However, one good thing is I got a good night's rest and finally my headache went away because I am not as stressed out.

However, there is a cost to that. The public has to wait a little longer to see another program come out. Like I said, should be another week or two and back to normal.

Thank you Jesus Christ that all goes perfect for myself for the rest of my life. For instance, my mom is not burdened anymore and such.
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Thank you Jesus Christ.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Re: Jesus! I have an answer............

Post by MrFlibble »

tienkhoanguyen wrote:Besides that Github is not really related to DOS just coding. I want to be able to share not only my coding, but also my final product ready to be run and pre-compiled so people who do not know a thing can just double click or type the name of the program and it runs.

Github has many extra steps where people have to go to Github then come back to DOSgames, and such.

The same line of thought goes to SourceForge.
I'm not sure about GitHub, but at SourceForge you can upload compiled binaries alongside the source. It is my understanding that SourceForge just allows you to create as many folders for specific content as you like.

Also SourceForge hosts projects that offer compiled DOS binaries.
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

Nothing against SourceForge

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

I am so used to MediaFire and its feature that it has become a habit. However, one of its key feature I depend on is the download count. I need to know if my games and such are being downloaded. I do not want to talk to an empty room. If someone downloads my games and such, it is a good sign that my work is not in vain. However, another good sign for me is feedbacks. As you and others have shown, showing the good and bad points of my program is the only way I can improve in future versions!
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Thank you Jesus Christ.