Guy fighting beetles [DROD]

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
Grizzly [Guest]

Guy fighting beetles [DROD]

Post by Grizzly [Guest] »

Hello guys, i'm searching for my favorite game but i don't know what is the name of that game. It was some guy and maybe beettles or fleas. And everytime when player did some move, all the fleas did move too. You had to killl them by your weapon in front of you. You could rotate your hero. Sorry for my english :D.

And next game is normal jumping game. There was knight who was jumping across the water and grass place etc. He couldn't do more than jump and climb up.

Some ideas? Thanks for answers!
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

FORUM GUIDELINES - PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!

Specifically,
1. Create a separate topic for each game request.
This will greatly help organize the search, and also you will be able to describe each game in the topic title (see below).
2. Be descriptive in the topic title.
Please do not give your request a non-descriptive title like "old game", "I need to find an old game" or "please help me".

Instead, try to briefly describe the game you're looking for. For example:

Sci-fi turn-based strategy game

Platform game about an alien

Side-scrolling space shooter
grizzly

Post by grizzly »

Thanks you very much for advices :).
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

1. Maybe Fallout? Turn based, fight giant ants and scorpions at the beginning, but more guns than swords.

2. Maybe Gods? Famous greek "Knight" platformer?

These games are probably wrong, but tell us if they look close or far from your memory, or if they help you describe what you are really looking for better. :)
grizzly

Post by grizzly »

These games are wrong.

That "beettle" game was form bird perspective. It was graphic like sokoban maybe or something like that. That guy had got in hand only one weapon for all time. It was probably logic game too. Sometimes it was difficult to win level. You had to think about your next moves.

And that "knight" game was from the side. It was only knight in grey armor without weapons and he could only jump, climb up etc. He had got small red thing on helm i think.

It is realy very old memory, i was playing it 10 years ago, maybe more.
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

More guesses:

1. Chip's Challenge
2. Ghosts 'n Goblins

Closer? Further?
grizzly

Post by grizzly »

It is closer with graphic but it is still not that game. There was only one kind of beetles whole game. You couldn't get better equipment or somehing like that, it was still the same. Only levels were harder. You couldn't open door etc. you only killed these bitchies and then u went to next level. On main picture of the game was probably that guy and some flea who trying to eat him. It was almost like some desktop game, it was puzzle ground and one flea was as big as one puzzle.

And that second game is from side perspektive like that knight but it is not that game. There was no weapons, fights etc. only jumping.
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

1. Aha! I bet the first one is one of the DROD: "Deadly Rooms of Death" Games - there are several, if that first screenshots looks close but not quite right.

It's available on Gog or from Caravel games, some free and paid versions, and at least 6 games in the series:
http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewsitepage.php?id=90294
http://www.gog.com/game/drod_1_2_3

2. The description sounds familiar from other searches on the site, but I'm not coming up with a new name or list of "knight platformers". Maybe someone else will, or inspiration will strike later. :)
grizzly

Post by grizzly »

You are god! You found it! Love you man :D realy thanks very much :).

You can try to find the second game :) but that first was more important :))