Connecting 2 home computers for Heretic/Doom

Post problems with getting games installed and running properly here.
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

God, Jesus Christ, is number one!hehe

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

Jesus Christ!hehe

Normally, I hold my breath however today I don't want to waste a chance to say "Do you really want to play this game? There are plenty of other games you could play." Maybe the other games would be easy to setup and you have more fun since time might be short? Just a thought.

Either way, I pray for you to find at least a game that you would enjoy. hehe
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Then please bless my mom.
Honour to my mom Huong Thi Vu
Honour to my dad Thuy Binh Nguyen
Love to cousin Carl Anh Cuong Cao Vu
Thank you Jesus Christ.
Minnie

Post by Minnie »

Thank you much for the good thoughts, tienkhoanguyen.
About the games. I think I might personally manage to live in just the past, but I am trying to get something for kids to do that others seemed to really love, long ago. A special needs friend with grandchildren, . .. well this could be something she and them could spend some time together with. So with that I am counting my blessings and staying determined.
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

Hey Minnie,

I'm sorry if I am a little personal. I just want to talk to you like I talk with my grandma. I'm glad you are doing exact what you want to do. Please keep going and I hope others can help you out. I look forward to you succeeding. With the love of Jesus Christ, may you have a merry Christmas#!!
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Then please bless my mom.
Honour to my mom Huong Thi Vu
Honour to my dad Thuy Binh Nguyen
Love to cousin Carl Anh Cuong Cao Vu
Thank you Jesus Christ.
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by Rwolf »

I don't have these games, but I see on a support page for Heretic shareware that you have a required setup to do before the game knows how to use the serial ports; see if this page helps:

http://takegame.com/shooter/htm/heretic.htm

Also you need to have a serial port, of course; not an actual modem... your BIOS/CMOS setup should help you determine the actual parameters for the port, if you cannot find them otherwise.

Sometimes plug-n-pray configs can trip you up as well, automatic pnp config in bios is not always working, manual settings for older programs can be needed:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/252184

You may need to configure the serial ports in DOS as well, with the 'mode' command, to set baudrate etc.