Do the game, learn later hehe

Discuss popular GCS tools like ZZT, Megazeux and Adventure Game Studio, as well as programming and other topics related to game design.
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

I... I don't even know what just happened here. It's like the guy literally posted so much that he used a whole decade's worth of stuff in a matter of a few months. He's worked himself to an early retirement.
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

I'm just kidding haha

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

wardrich wrote:I... I don't even know what just happened here. It's like the guy literally posted so much that he used a whole decade's worth of stuff in a matter of a few months. He's worked himself to an early retirement.
I was just busy finishing up my 2nd book on Borland Turbo Assembler!

Now, I am onto my 3rd and last book...The dreaded OPCODE-book eek

I just wanted to take some time off for myself to develop a game however I felt lonely and found that it was not worth it without the people. So I had to come back and continue out of retirement!!!!!!!!!!!!

haha
God, Jesus Christ, is number one!hehe
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Then please bless my mom.
Honour to my mom Huong Thi Vu
Honour to my dad Thuy Binh Nguyen
Love to cousin Carl Anh Cuong Cao Vu
Thank you Jesus Christ.
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

God, Jesus Christ, is number one!

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

Well, I was thinking just today about Apogee's "secret" leaked documents. hehe Maybe I will implement one or two theories that I had a chance to see. haha Okay, if I do - I have to say "Thank you to Apogee".

My Tron game is going to have an exit in the next few editions soon. So instead of killing yourself to get out of a level, you go through a tunnel. Cool huh? haha So actually, Thank you Apogee - MAY JESUS CHRIST BLESS YOU WITH CONTINUING SUCCESSES WITH YOUR GAMES!
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Thank you Jesus Christ.
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

Well, it is nice that THE CHRISTMAS season is about to be here in a month. It is unfortunate it only lasts a day. However, my mom already got me my early Birthday and Christmas gift, Borland Turbo Assembler 4.1! It is no small gifts since I am on welfare and she works as a waitress earning who knows what in tip? So I am grateful to her. I wish I could finish a game already that is popular enough to earn enough to buy her the luxury home of her dreams in a safe neighbourhood! The hardest part of being a developer is making a game that everyone wants to play and considers worth the money to shell out to buy. I look at one of the games that I have, Heroes of Might and Magic and the price tag shows it was on clearance for one cent? So I do not know how people make their living. Even the store and middle people takes their cut from the developer! So all I see is an uphill war that is against my odds. I believe in Jesus Christ however making a game for DOS which is a system dated back to the 1980's or something is was beyond my ability to think possible. That is like winning the lottery; You have 1 in a million or whatever odds. I do not think it is happening. Either way, Thank you to Jesus Christ that we are without-gap safe and without-gap happy although we are living collecting welfare!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Thank you Jesus Christ.
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

Well, I would really like to conclude however you never know that possible uncertain that could occur! So, I will just say making all these games especially "fakeTRON" comes from that someplace special within. People do not know that I really truly believe it is the God of ALL that gives me these inspirations for the next 60 years. In fact, I owe my The LORD of all hosts (as I like to often refer to the creator of ALL)!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Thank you Jesus Christ.
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

Well, I am totally excited about making a game. However if no one plays it then it would still be an accomplishment. haha It is like stamp-collecting. Some people just loves stamp-collecting and it does not matter if they show it off or not. I remember reading a story about a stamp-collector who collected stamps (of course haha) and it eventually became so valuable that it became a fortune. I think "he" left it to his children when he passed away. In any case - it is cool.
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Thank you Jesus Christ.
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

Well, after my major updates today, I am ready to take a Christmas 2014 break for the next two plus months. haha Seriously, I am that tired out!
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Thank you Jesus Christ.
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

It is official!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

Well, I am officially planning levels for the years to come. I have implemented the first exit tunnel to the next level. It is only a proto-type at this moment in time. However as the game progresses, I am planning on maybe objects as obstacles and speed increases, ect. So in the years to come, look for the possibility that each level that you pass increases the reaction time of your vehicle. I do not think anyone is going to be able to react as fast as the computer could go! haha Right now it is slowed down to baby crawling. It is good for kids who are just in training and beginners. I expect with experience the reflexes of the players to be quite miraculous that even I as the producer cannot win against. It is my joy to bring to you this game. In fact, it is my personal intention that ALL benefit. Whether you are just watching or participating, I pray everyone has fun with fakeTRON!

Here is this day's release, which incorporates Mr. Tom Hall's notes about game making. It now has a story line with plans for future improvements and surprises.

DOS version:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/4begt ... KETRON.EXE

Windows version:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/8vfw7 ... ON4WIN.exe

If you are interested, your local Walmart might have the option to pickup a gamepad for this game:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sabrent-Twelv ... C/29016209

Thank you Jesus Christ all people have a good time with fakeTRON and any future productions from me! That is my hope anyways. Merry Christmas 2014 for now.

Thank you ALL!
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Thank you Jesus Christ.
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

God made me do it!

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

Well, God made me do it! hehe

The DOS links have been updated about 12 noon. It now has levels implemented. Each level you pass takes you to another lightspeed haha

With each new level there are added obstacles to avoid.
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Thank you Jesus Christ.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Re: It is official!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by MrFlibble »

tienkhoanguyen wrote:Here is this day's release, which incorporates Mr. Tom Hall's notes about game making.
This is cool :) I have great respect for Tom Hall.

BTW, have you played Rise of the Triad?
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

Thank you Jesus Christ.

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

Now only if making a game is as wonderful as starring a woman who is your soulmate! haha
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Thank you Jesus Christ.