Is it just me?

General discussion for all topics related to DOS, Windows, Linux, consoles, etc. Anything to do with games.
Kazer0
<i>Mercenary Dishwasher</i>

Is it just me?

Post by Kazer0 »

Is it just me, or is this forum dying?
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

It's just you, we're gaining members faster then ever before and people are posting more and the general intellect behind the posts are better. In essence, we're thriving, not dying.
John The Ax

Post by John The Ax »

Yeah. We've had a great influx of members that actually POST recently, at least once or twice. And our spam levels are down massively, most of the spam topics that I purged were old spam that needed purging.
Warning: You are being watched.

GameFAQs Contributor Page
Thunderdog
<b>Token Black Guy</b>
<b>Token Black Guy</b>

Post by Thunderdog »

(Moved to General Dosgames)

We're getting more active members. Look, We've got Iris. She's new, and posting. Trent daddy is completely new, and he's got a good amount of posts. Just because we're not Superbly active like Gamehippo, or DigitalMZX, doesent mean we're dead. this forum will never die. Dosgamesarchive is linked to us, so people will see the link there.
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

And remember that GH, while having 4 times the post count, has been around a helluva lot longer and is mostly spam. I predict that we'll pass them up in activity in half a year and that will be with a very slow spam percentage.
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

actually, i prefer it like this. It's easier because you don't miss as much and you dont have to be here every second of the day. No offense, but i hope this forum NEVER becomes like the GH one
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

Maybe for different reasons, but so do I. Our members are a helluva lot more intelligent than GameHippo's.
Da_Goat
Location: Prescott, Arizona, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, The Universe, Nothing and Nowhere.

Post by Da_Goat »

Dogbreath, may I point out that you are a member at Game Hippo.

And may I also point out that the GH forum wasn't as spammy as it is now until a certain member from hell from here decided to go over there and hide in a Shadow.

Honestly. There was some spam, but only about as much as we have here.

Anyway, it may seem like we aren't having as many posts, but what's really happening is that the quality of our posts are increasing, so we don't need to post as much. It's better like this.
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

Actually, our post-per-day is 55.96, HIGHER then it used to be, not lower. It's just a psycological thing that a person doesn't notice good posts as much as outstanding crappy ones, post count hasn't dropped a bit.
johpower
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by johpower »

Hmmm..... is there anyway to post some demographics or usage/posting graphs? (In the BBS days, our board did this to help even out the server load. The members saw that if they logged on at a less volitile time they could get a line easier and stay on longer.... when that was an important factor, unlike today) Too bad there's no easy way to keep track of spelling errors and flames. :laugh: it would be interesting. ;)
Sig: "The Universe is change... but it is not exact change." -Fusco Bros.
Splodginator
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Splodginator »

It appears to be just you.
nastypoisonspikes
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by nastypoisonspikes »

I don't think that it is dying, but it has gotten a little boring lately ... how long until computer_person comes back? :devil:

A few more active members would be nice.
Unknown_K
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Unknown_K »

A few posts about good dos games would be nice. Lately its why doesnt game XYZ run on windows XP.