RPGMaker VX Ace + Game Character Hub

Discuss popular GCS tools like ZZT, Megazeux and Adventure Game Studio, as well as programming and other topics related to game design.
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

RPGMaker VX Ace + Game Character Hub

Post by Quadko »

I didn't realize RPGMaker was still around, but they have a recent version on sale now on Steam. (The most recent I assume, but not sure when it was released.)

On Steam:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/220700/

There are some some support applications, too, like "Game Character Hub", and some games made by these tools, if I'm reading correctly:
http://store.steampowered.com//sale/rpg ... dweek_9_16
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

I do not know how good it is however I remember you said you preferred C++ so here is a freebie from Borland if you register. They do end up contacting you to see if you are doing well with it and if you need any help at least they did for me. Maybe you could use it. The good thing is that Borland is pretty reputable in my view. I have been using their C compiler for like ever and no glitches so far it seems.

http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/20633

Friends don't let friends pay when there is a free version out there haha
God, Jesus Christ, is number one!hehe
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Then please bless my mom.
Honour to my mom Huong Thi Vu
Honour to my dad Thuy Binh Nguyen
Love to cousin Carl Anh Cuong Cao Vu
Thank you Jesus Christ.
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

It is 32-bit compiler too so that might be a big plus for you!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Thank you Jesus Christ.
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

There's a huge difference, though. RPG Maker is an engine. C++ would require you to do everything from the bottom-up. RPG maker is for people that don't have the time (or know-how) to do all the coding required to make a half-decent RPG.
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

That's true. I did not think of that.
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Thank you Jesus Christ.
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

:) C# and glorious Microsoft Visual Studio is where I live for my day job and normal projects, but I started on Borland - Turbo Pascal, then Borland C++, and Turbo Assembler. Good times. Useful for DOSBox still, as you say!

But yes, RPG Maker for "no programming required" game making / rapid game development if anyone is interested! They've been around forever, though I don't know if they are the same people. Looks pretty sharp, though. I couldn't resist, and I'm curious about how it works.
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

Wow! I am amazed another person who once programmed Pascal. I heard of Turbo Assembler however I never got into it. I think it came with the Borland C++ 5.5 that is purchased in 1996.

I cannot believe you program C# and Microsoft Visual Studio for your day job. No wonder you are happy. I thought you were just a beginner haha I am an idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for for the game maker I am sure people enjoy works created from it. I prefer the originals however I am also sure a game maker can be very original itself!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Thank you Jesus Christ.
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

No worries! :) I get paid to finish business software, but I still haven't finished a game except a small one once a long time ago for a Home of the Underdogs game contest. I still feel like a beginner at times, but at least its exciting.
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

You are a verified professional working for a company.

I am the nobody who is unemployed. I actually program because I like it and it is a challenge. However, I am disabled and collect welfare for my disability. That is the truth at last haha

I am always ashamed of telling others so I keep everything to myself. I hide a lot of things in my past that I do not like known. So I am not perfect. I just hide my flaws so well that you think there is nothing wrong with me.

Anyways, now that I am finished with a full demo - I am thinking of finishing my education in Borland Turbo C 2.01 - there are so much I have not touched upon. I just looked up another section by another coder and I am blown away. I just feel frustrated at times when I compare myself to others who have formal knowledge and have graduated.

I liken myself to someone who learns to program from the streets. That is like I can speak English however not with perfect grammar. I get the message across however you get the idea. It is just not formal education.

My coding is not structured. It has been called sloppy. Even the Borland Manual tells me that my way of programming is wrong. However it is the only way that I can get it to compile haha I try the formal way and the compiler always throws me a warning that never goes away haha
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Thank you Jesus Christ.
DOS Wolf
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by DOS Wolf »

I had it for the PS1 way back when, but long since traded it in. It was decent enough, but awkward on how to control and build with it, at least with the standard controller anyway. Although due to the way you would have to share your vision, at the time at least was darn near impossible. You could only share it with someone you knew by letting them borrow your memory card and of course they would need to either borrow the game also or already own it and most did not, not the PS1 version anyway. I am not sure how you would other wise upload it to the net.

And I had a free version of RPG Maker at one time which I downloaded, assuming it was meant to be downloaded, but have not really found it since from a reputable website. I have quite a few ideas for games of this type.
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

It makes it tough sharing you vision when there are infinite of God's creation. How many people are willing to try out an unknown? Do they look at a person's character? Suzy Orman has a book out and I read her book. She recommends putting people before objects and things. However, I have to be humble and say I'm pretty bad at that. My life is lonely however it is with REAL friends and REAL families. I do NOT have many who I can just come over and relax and enjoy a couple nice drink on a Christmas day. I do NOT have friends and families who I trust period. I do NOT EVEN trust myself!!!!!!!!!!!! hehe :laugh:
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Thank you Jesus Christ.
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Re: God, Jesus Christ, is number one!hehe

Post by Wally »

tienkhoanguyen wrote:It makes it tough sharing you vision when there are infinite of God's creation. How many people are willing to try out an unknown? Do they look at a person's character? Suzy Orman has a book out and I read her book. She recommends putting people before objects and things. However, I have to be humble and say I'm pretty bad at that. My life is lonely however it is with REAL friends and REAL families. I do NOT have many who I can just come over and relax and enjoy a couple nice drink on a Christmas day. I do NOT have friends and families who I trust period. I do NOT EVEN trust myself!!!!!!!!!!!! hehe :laugh:
How many times do we need to tell you to stop posting off topic crap in on topic threads?