Parsifal [Solved]

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
Nemesis Zero II [Guest]

Parsifal [Solved]

Post by Nemesis Zero II [Guest] »

Dear DOS-Friends,

I am looking for an old game called "Parsifal". It is a quite simple game. You are looking on a map, control your armies (knights, archers, etc.) kill monsters (especially dragons) and you have to find and collect 7 pieces of the holy grail.
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

It rings a bell, but I see an Atari game with that name and that might be why. It might have alternate names, too.

Long shot, but you might look through mobygames' List of King Arthur/Camelot games
Nemesis Zero II

to Quadko

Post by Nemesis Zero II »

Dear Quadko,

thank you for reply. The game was definitly a DOS-Game. I played it on a 386er CPU in the middle of the 90s. I never possesed an ATARI.

I also took a look into the list of games in your link. The game I search in not there. I remember the gameplay and it does not fit to the screenshots of tht games.

Some more Information:
During the gamplay the daytime and the seasons change every 3 days. During night you see almost nothing. During winter the knights can cross frozen rivers, but you must aware avalanches. In spring there is strong rain sometimes and the knights can die in suddenly flooded land.

If anybody knows something, please tell it to me. Thanks a lot.
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

Maybe some more memories around when you played would help us figure it out:

Were you in the US, or Europe, or elsewhere? It was in English, correct? We've had some cool game finds from Spain and Israel and elsewhere with different titles than the one remembered because of the original language. (But The Matter of Brittan seems likely pretty English focused. :))

Do you recall where you acquired it? Did it have a box, download from BBS or website, or was from someone else?

Do you remember more about the graphics? VGA lotsa colors, 16 color, text based? It sounds a lot like Darklands, but no holy grail pieces in DL. Or Defender of the Crown II, but that's more Robin Hood. Was the map more like a boardgame (say, Risk) where you were just "in" a region, or did you actually move pieces around the map pixel-by-pixel?

If it was Conquests of Camelot: The Search for the Grail, or Monty Python's version you'd have already found it - adventure games, but I don't remember "pieces" of the grail, just walking across frozen water. I'm not coming up with another list of King Arthur or Holy Grail games; too bad.

I've tried Percival and Percivale as well; any other variant spellings for Parsifal anyone can come up with?
Nemesis Zero II

Parsifal

Dear Quadko,

I got and played it in Germany, the language of the game is english..

I am quite sure that the name of the game is "Parsifal", maybe another writing. I searched for "Par" at the Dos-Games-Collection-Sites in the internet. But i didn't find anything at those sites and on google. It seems to be vanished from the earth.

The gameplay is not text based, it looks like discribed above. The grafic is quite simple, 8 or 16 bit coloured.
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Re: Parsifal

Post by dosraider »

Nemesis Zero II wrote:It seems to be vanished from the earth.....
Wouldn't be the first time a specific game can't be found anymore.
Nevertheless, don't give up hope, with a bit (a lot of bit) of luck someone could have it or know the game you're asking about.
Something as the Mr.Pibb game.
There are more examples here on DGF about obscure games that were found or provided to us after several years ......
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
Nemesis Zero II

Parsifal

Dear Dos-Raider:

So I will keep looking positive and do not give up hope:)
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Maybe you don't know it, but should you register and supply a valid email adr you could check the box besides
Notify me when a reply is posted
Forum members have that possibility.
Makes you would get a mail when-or-if someone would post in your topic, even if it would take a year (or longer ...) . After all it will show up in google's (or similar) search, even if it could take a while, and maybe someone has that game ....... just saying.

Of course you're free to decide registering or not, your choice.
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
Nemesis Zero II

Dear Dosraider

Normally I avoid forums, but people who like DOS-Games are getting rare and the 90s should not die out as long as we live.

Now I am registed. thank you for advise.
Let the 90s never die!
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

I've just stumbled upon a demo of a game called Legend of Dragon Pursival, also known as Legend of the Ancient Dragon. It's a tactical party-based RPG with turn-based combat, and there are dragons, could it be what the OP is looking for?
Nemesis Zero II

Dear Mr.Fibble,

Thank you for help, but this is not the game I search.
Let the 90s never die!
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

Any chance you could remember the name of the developer or publisher? That could help a lot in the search.
Sardonicus

Post by Sardonicus »

I'm looking for the game myself, I remember playing it about 18 years ago on our 486/386 (not sure anymore). I'm german too btw.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

Do you remember any details not mentioned here yet that could help track down the game?
Tom

Post by Tom »

I'm so glad that other people remember this game! I am from the US and have been looking for it off and on online. it seems to be a lost game. The OP summed up the gameplay details I can remember. it was called Parsifal for sure. I think I had it on 5.25" disk and it may have been distributed by the Software Labs, but I am far from certain.
Ash

Post by Ash »

It is incredibly strange that no record of this game exists anywhere on the Internet. How does that happen? Does anyone remember the rules and structure of the game such that it could potentially be remade?
Sardonicus

Post by Sardonicus »

I don't remember much, it was lots of fun, so I wanted to play it again.

Stuff I remember:

There were several classes and monsters
There were several seasons
You had to find the Holy grail (obviously)
There was some see in the middle of the map, probably the water was increasing in level so you had to watch out not to drown
marconis

Re: Parsifal

Post by marconis »

Nemesis Zero II wrote:Dear DOS-Friends,

I am looking for an old game called "Parsifal". It is a quite simple game. You are looking on a map, control your armies (knights, archers, etc.) kill monsters (especially dragons) and you have to find and collect 7 pieces of the holy grail.
Hey, I'm the author. I still have the source code (C++) and sprites and I think the shareware and collectable executables on a box at home. I can post or send you the "Collectors Edition" in a bit if you want. :)

Glad that you enjoyed it.

There were female warriors that I called Elazons that only blocked and pushed. The wizard characters would turn anyone into bears. I thought the spiders and fellows who hid in the dark were nice. The Collectors Edition has a bunch of different maps. Created the sprites myself. It was an EGA graphic based. I made it as an exercise to learn C++.

I had another DOS game called Lunker that was challenging. You had to mine through a 3D asteroid with various monsters and treasures and limited food, energy, oxygen.

Mark
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

Marconis, that's awesome! Nice job making a memorable game. I'm glad you found us.

Yes, we'd love you to make it available some way, however seems good to you! Thank you.
Nemesis Zero II

Dear Marconis, you are right. Now, when you are writing about the Elazons and the spiders, I remember them. There was a funny sound, when the spiders web my troups.

It would be very nice, if you can make Parsifal available for us.
Let the 90s never die!