Old GH Members

Anything else unrelated to gaming can go here.
awky

Old GH Members

Post by awky »

Sorry to beat a dead horse, but I noticed that Cmaza and Dogbreath are still here, so, after all these years, I thought to come back. I know GH bit the dust (and in fact, read the very thread here of what happened).

I didn't know it at the time, but that old forum meant a lot to me, and I didn't respect the people there half as much as they deserved. I have a lot of regrets, one of which being that I lost contact. I want to apologize and finally say how I felt without the hormones of my youth clouding my judgement.

So, are there any other GH members here? I was curious to track down the old admin (god willing, he still has the forum backed up!), Outram, Cooljoebob, Dinrex, Da_Goat you name it.

Maybe get back in touch and fool around for old times sake.

Feel free to contact me here or on Skype at nightrippertheobtund. My original name on GH (I doubt anyone would remember) was Alex_will_kill_you.

I wish you all the best. Especially you, Cmaza.
Never forget the ones you love.
CPT Worm
<font color=gold>American Hero</font>

Post by CPT Worm »

Oh man, awky!
What up, brother?!
Sustinendum Victoriam!
awky

Post by awky »

Mister Worm? Gads, it's been a decade. I still remember most of the old group.

You all really meant a lot to me back in the day. There was a sense of community I'd never had before, nor since.

I missed you all, and wonder where everyone went. You had a more profound influence on my life than you might think.

I had gotten pretty close to an old member under the alias of mcfuzzhead. Actually lived with him out in person for six months, and only recently got back.
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

Dinrex? Wasn't he a little shit disturber around these parts once upon a time?

Also, I think I remember your GH Username, but I never really hung around the GH forum very much.

Anyway, welcome to our old niche on the net. I'd consider our team to be pretty mature (now) and welcoming. A handful of us have been around these parts 10+ years. I personally tend to come and go, but I always make a point to come back.
awky

Post by awky »

Oh, what the heck. In case they spot me here, even years later.

Dinrex. Gads, I remember him. He was into social media before it went big. I thought of him as a pretty cool cat, great at digging up all sorts of bizarre things. Followed him through to another board and gads if I remember what it was called now. I think he introduced me to StumbleUpon. I spent a few years following in his footsteps.

Cmaza, dear God, Caleb. He was the closest thing I ever had to a role model and the closest friend I had then. I remember looking up to him with downright awe. Followed him through to 2056, and even an email board I still have an archive of. At least as far as I can track him, I'm glad to see he's still everything I wished I were. I dreamed of one day meeting him, flying halfway cross the Earth if only to shake his hand.

...and I still do, if you're there Cmaza.

NightHawk. I kept him on MSN for dang near a decade, following him through to an MSN Group and eventually Skype. He's still on, rarely. We played a lot of games together. He's still on XBox Live, and took to making YouTube videos.

i'm invisible and Pyro. They're both on Steam, though gads if I can recall what we used to talk about.

Myself. I really flooded those old boards with picture after picture. I took up image editing just so I could make more. Eventually got half-way competent at it, even. I used to really look foward to coming home from school to sign on.
awky

Post by awky »

wardrich wrote:Dinrex? Wasn't he a little shit disturber around these parts once upon a time?.
Are you sure you're not thinking of Vlad and Maxiscool? I recall Dinrex fondly. Did he act differently here?
CPT Worm

Post by CPT Worm »

Dinrex was nice one-on-one, but sometimes he was a little crazy.

lol
Sustinendum Victoriam!
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

awky wrote:
wardrich wrote:Dinrex? Wasn't he a little shit disturber around these parts once upon a time?.
Are you sure you're not thinking of Vlad and Maxiscool? I recall Dinrex fondly. Did he act differently here?
God damn Vlad lol. I dunno, maybe I am mistaking him for one of them... but I thought he went off on some crazy tirade that ended up pissing us all off. I don't even remember. Apparently he's banned now, for whatever reason.

[Edit]
Wait, he's not banned. Looks like somebody tried to use an email address really similar to his.
Check-Mate
Lover Of The Tiny Guybrush

Post by Check-Mate »

Definitely not an old GH member, but an old DGF member.
Our internet crapped out and me and the BF decided to hit up some old school games to download to pass the time.
Ended up coming back here to find the name of a game I've always loved and ALWAYS forgotten, and had posted about years ago here. (Cyber empires, if anyone cares.)

Figured I'd say hello!
Sorry it's off topic a bit, but this is a reunion type post so I figured why the hell not. Amazed some of you are still here. Good on you boys!!
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

Hello Sasha :) How you been?
CylonDevice

Post by CylonDevice »

Oh hey. Vlad/WFH here. Didn't think I'd still be remembered lol. I'm not an annoying shithead anymore B)
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

Congrats on your life upgrade. :laugh: I guess you're just RegularOldWebmaster now? haha
CylonDevice

Post by CylonDevice »

wardrich wrote:Congrats on your life upgrade. :laugh: I guess you're just RegularOldWebmaster now? haha
Haha. Its funny, I still think about this website off and on, just because I was really into old games and this was one of the very first forums I joined on the internet. I remember you guys being really cool. I was just an annoying attention whoring shithead troll.

I'm 27 now. Damn, that was such a long time ago. I'm surprised this website/forum is still as alive and active as it is.
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

I'm 28 with 2 kids now. It's crazy how fast time is flying by.
Check-Mate

Post by Check-Mate »

It actually blows my mind how young we all were. And also how some of us have managed to keep friendships going for that long. God sakes I was 13 when I joined this site!!
Going on 25 now. Yeesh.
My favorite thing about all this is that I've ended up working with computers and looking to get some network training and what not.
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

LakerZZ8, JTA, NPS... they all need to check in.

Oh, and Jean (like that'll ever happen :haha:)
Check-Mate

Post by Check-Mate »

Was jean before my time? Sounds vaguely familiar, but it could be just from people's references
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

Check-Mate wrote:Was jean before my time? Sounds vaguely familiar, but it could be just from people's references
I think so. Were you around in the iB days?

Oh! And TravisLewisX. Also Proceus - our resident grootvader pre-Dosraider.

Anybody remember when Proc left? Seems to me he left a cryptic trail of images or something.
Check-Mate

Post by Check-Mate »

Wasn't around for iB, whatever that is.
I remember DGF being basically my entire frickin' life, though, when I was a youngin'.
Life was so much simpler back then...
emmzee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by emmzee »

Life was indeed simpler then. WB Check-Mate B)

IIRC, the chronology was
1) "Ghetto board"
2) iB Forum
3) phpBB

I don't remember what the first one was actually called. It was hosted off-site and was ugly and barely worked. :)
Owner / Webmaster of DOSGames.com for over 20 years

Download my free ebook: The Historical Reliability of the New Testament