DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Jungle Book game manual required

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Game Help, Hints and Tips
oldskoolgamer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:39 pm     Post subject: The Jungle Book game manual required Reply with quote

Virgin Interactive made 3 games for Disney, namely Aladdin, The Lion King and The Jungle Book.

I still have my original floppies and manuals for the first two, but for The Jungle Book I'm missing the manual. Does anyone have a scanned version of the same they can share? Thanks a lot!

Also, I find it strange that Aladdin and The Lion King both have manual-based code word copy protection, but The Jungle Book doesn't? Does anyone have a JB version with copy protection or was it never implemented for this game? (I have v2.1 from 1994.)
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:25 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Normally the first place to look is http://www.replacmentdocs.com, but a quick check looks like they don't have this one. (They probably are not allowed to have Disney copyrighted materials, makes sense. Disney is very protective. Happy)

Doesn't help today, but helps to know the site exists. Sorry, I don't have a copy personally to be able to help out. Best of luck with the search!
oldskoolgamer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:28 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Quadko wrote:
Normally the first place to look is http://www.replacmentdocs.com, but a quick check looks like they don't have this one. (They probably are not allowed to have Disney copyrighted materials, makes sense. Disney is very protective. Happy)

That site seems to have the Aladdin manual listed so guess copyright is not really an issue. Thanks for the link and wishes though, and hope someone else can help. Happy
Caixote

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:25 pm     Post subject: Re: The Jungle Book game manual required Reply with quote

oldskoolgamer wrote:
Virgin Interactive made 3 games for Disney, namely Aladdin, The Lion King and The Jungle Book.

I still have my original floppies and manuals for the first two, but for The Jungle Book I'm missing the manual. Does anyone have a scanned version of the same they can share? Thanks a lot!

Also, I find it strange that Aladdin and The Lion King both have manual-based code word copy protection, but The Jungle Book doesn't? Does anyone have a JB version with copy protection or was it never implemented for this game? (I have v2.1 from 1994.)

Hi!

By any chance, would you be able to share (scan to pdf) Aladdin's game manual?

Thank you!

Caixote
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Game Help, Hints and Tips All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Free Windows games