Bo Jackson Baseball. [Win7]

Post problems with getting games installed and running properly here.
ngs1022

Bo Jackson Baseball. [Win7]

Post by ngs1022 »

OK I've been reading the past two days on how to get this game downloaded installed and going on with the game. Today I got the game to start...but when it goes past the opening screen when you have the option to select "exhibition" "League play" or "stats" I am only able to scroll through those three options using the up down left right keyboard arrows. I CANT select my choice by pushing ANY keyboard buttom.

YES I configured the buttons too before attempting to play. I went back and tried to RE-configure the buttons many times. But I can't get it figured out.

It asks for configuration of button 1,2,up down left right etc. and when I did that I chose "DONE" so it should have saved my preferences???? But its NOT

Using DOSbox .74 and yes I opened the note pad file and added to that file so that when DOSbox opens it goes to C:

Dont know what I"m NOT trying to do to fix this...any ideas people. This was a favorite game as a little kid and would love to play it.

Also should add I tried to config the keyboard AND a joystick to no avail
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Gonna need some relevant and detailed info from you:

Original game? Downloaded? What do you have?
Did you install the game in dosbox?
Your OS?
Your dosbox mount lines? Detailed.(NOT I mounted C but detailed how you mount)
Your inputs to launch the game?Detailed.

THX.

[Edit]
Seems to have some problems with sound settings in dosbox 0.74.
Runs fine in dosbox 0.63, so try this one.
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
ngs1022

Post by ngs1022 »

Original game? Downloaded? What do you have? I downloaded it off the net yesterday (865kb compressed)
Followed these directions...

http://www.dosgames.com/forum/about13511.html

Did you install the game in dosbox? I installed dosbox .63 and don't know how to install it...there are 4 .exe files in my folder and i don't know which to use. I've tried all 4 and 'balle.exe' gets me to the home screen but that's it
Your OS? Windows 7
Your dosbox mount lines? Detailed.(NOT I mounted C but detailed how you mount) I followed the exact guidelines from your following thread...http://www.dosgames.com/forum/about13511.html

Your inputs to launch the game?Detailed. I don't know how to do this part either...help!!!!
ngs1022

Post by ngs1022 »

http://www.dosbox.com/wiki/File:Dosbox2.jpg

I tried to mount this way also
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

First of all: why don't you ask where you downed the game? There are several versions floating around the net with each their own specs how to install/run, you can hardly expect me to hunt down everyone of them .......

Ah well, gonna give it a try to help you anyway ....

Let see, I ask:
dosraider wrote: Your dosbox mount lines? Detailed.(NOT I mounted C but detailed how you mount)
....and I get:
ngs1022 wrote: http://www.dosgames.com/forum/about13511.html
[/b] I followed the exact guidelines from your following thread...http://www.dosgames.com/forum/about13511.html
Now yeah friend, if you can't be bothered to type your mount lines, I can't help you .....
I didn't ask you to link me to a topic I wrote myself, but your detailed mount lines and inputs in dosbox.

You can get dosbox 0.63 from http://sourceforge.net/projects/dosbox/files/dosbox/
Follow the Win7 howto to install correctly.

BTW , Win7 32b or 64b? Not the same ......

[Edit]
Just saw you posted a pic, your mount is WRONG for Win7, follow at least the Win7 tutorial please. You did NOT followed the howto.
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
ngs1022

Post by ngs1022 »

Sorry for not specifying more info for you...

I have Windows 7 64bit

What are "mount lines", what does that mean I'm unfamiliar with that term.

I followed the Windows 7 tutorial you wrote and you say that is wrong for me? So what tutorial am I supposed to follow for Windows 7 64 bit?

I downloaded DosBox .63 already and have tried to install game following tutorials on this site exactly with no success

I downloaded this game from http:// not allowed, read the rules
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

*sigh* Your link is NOT allowed, please don't link to warez sites, read at least the rules before posting, THX.

Mount line in the pic you posted is pointing to c:\oldgames, not suited for Win7, and it is certainly not posted like this in the Win7 howto.

Again, read and apply this:
http://www.dosgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13511

Once done, come back andyour mount line, detailed please.
*mount line: what you use to mount virtual drives in dosbox,*

[Edit]
Tried the game from the (ILLEGAL !!!) site you linked.
Game runs without problem in Win7 - dosbox 0.74

My only problem is that being an European I don't have any idea what that game is about neither what to do .... but managed to play it for some time anyway .... scored some 'ins' and 'outs' , whatever that means, no idea ....LMAO.
ngs1022

Post by ngs1022 »

OK I'm starting over fresh and am going to do only what you say. The first time I posted i had been following some guys youtube video on how to install a game...not working for me so here i am. I have that warez (sorry) bo jackson game file located in c:\users\Heidi\oldgamesand I just downloaded and installed dosbox .74 on Win 7 64bit. I haven't opened DOSbox yet after install. So I have the game file where its supposed to be and have dosbox installed on harddrive but have not done anything else. Don't I have to do mount c c:\ or something first???

Mount lines NEED to be added to the notepad are:
mount c "c:\users\Heidi\oldgames"
c:
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

ngs1022 wrote: Don't I have to do mount c c:\ or something first???
No, absolutely not, just follow the instructions of the Win7 howto.
ngs1022 wrote:Mount lines NEED to be added to the notepad are:
c:
Lines to be added in dosbox config file are for you:

c:

That's all, when you start dosbox your virtual C: should be mounted automagically and your prompt (that's the drive letter you see in dosbox) should be C:\>

Now to get that game running, we're still in Windows here:
Unzip all files (should be some 21 of them) into
c:\users\Heidi\oldgames\bo\

Run dosbox and input:

cycles max
cd bo
balle

That's it, game runs with internal speaker sound (should be possible to get Adlib or Tandy but I don't have time enough for the moment to try things out)
Keys are:
Enter
Insert
and NUMPAD keys (disable numlock)

Optional:
Game looks horrific full screen on a large wide screen monitor, so best keep it windowed.
To get an acceptable playfield width go back into config file, look under header [SDL] and alter to something like this:

fullscreen=false
fulldouble=false
fullresolution=original
windowresolution=1024x768
output=ddraw
autolock=true
sensitivity=100
waitonerror=true
priority=higher,normal
mapperfile=mapper-0.74.map
usescancodes=true

Dosbox shutdown/restart needed of course.