DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DOS games made on FreeBasic, which ones you reccomend?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Game Creation
nitrofurano
v20120621191040
v20120621191040

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:10 pm     Post subject: DOS games made on FreeBasic, which ones you reccomend? Reply with quote

hi everyone,

I'm looking for DOS games made on FreeBasic, specially having sources available.

Since i'm interested on coding DOS games (on DosBox and/or FreeDOS), for the first goal of retro development for old machines, and since i'm struggling on some specific issues (sprites, subs and functions, soundblaster handling (at least as "easy" as on sound processors like AY, Konami-SCC, C64-SID, etc.), custom screen modes, etc. ), all information about them are very welcome!

Thanks! Happy
dosraider
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:38 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

As Freebasic is open source you can find an unlimited amount of info on the internet about those subjects you mention.

If you really want to learn how to handle those specific issues you asking about, you will need to take your time and learn bit by bit how to solve them problems.

Don't expect some fast or easy road trip. It takes years to learn those things, and even then you'll know you've only scratched the surface.

My advise, if you really meant you want to learn freebasic programming:
Join them freebasic fora, become an active member there.
BTW, you will learn as much from helping others (absolute beginners?) as from the more seasoned members.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Game Creation All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Free Windows games