DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for an old adventure game [B-7]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Find Old Games
harry66.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:26 pm     Post subject: Looking for an old adventure game [B-7] Reply with quote

I am looking for an old scifi adventure game. I recall it as being named 'B7' or 'D7', and I only had the shareware version.
The goal was to escape from a spaceship and I remember taking the following steps:

Cause a fire in your cell to get the guards to extinguish it. After that they would let the door open to let the smoke out and post a guard next to your door.
You have to wait until the guard is looking away from you and strangle him from the back. (with a electrical wire or garden hose I think)
After escaping from your cell you'll get in a hallway, with each door having some kind of electrical lock. I could open one by unscrewing it and solving some kind of puzzle.
I escaped the space ship and after that I got an advertisement for the full version of the game, taking place at a new planet.

Does anyone recognize the explanation of the game? I would really like to know which game it was!

(btw, there is an action game called 'b7' based on Blake's 7 tv series, that is not the one I'm looking for)
aposperitis

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:45 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Beneath a Steel Sky maybe?
harry66

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:33 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. Thanks for the suggestion though, it would have matched my description pretty well.

The graphics in the game were a bit simpler.
I recall going through other rooms (of the guards) picking up stuff I needed to escape. (getting it from drawers and cabinets). Probably also finding some other prisoners that didn't survive...

I think it was a point and click game, you didn't need to type the commands.
doboriby

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:53 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Little Big Adventure (LBA)....?
harry66

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:57 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

No, but thank you for the suggestion.
The game I'm looking for is older and it has 2d graphics.
GAMER
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:47 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

The description reminds me of a game I think is called Escape, but it wasn't set on a spaceship. It was just a gaol...
You did have to start a fire and then strangle your guard to get out though.
Could be it?

Cool GAMER
harry66

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:23 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestion. If you mean this game:
http://hotud.org/component/content/article/43-action/23942
That's not it. 'Escape' seems more like a platform game to me, but what I'm looking for is a point and click adventure game for sure.

I think I recall something from the end of the shareware version (just before the ad promoting the full version)
You have escaped from the spaceship and you are on a bare planet, I think most of it is red/orange dirt.
You are near a cliff and on the other side is something blinking, probably a ring.
Just before or just after you're able to get the ring the shareware version stops.

I really hope that I'm not mixing in details from other games I played, but I'm not fully sure about this last detail.
harry66

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:49 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still searching for this game, so I thought it might be useful to give a summary of what I know so far:

It's a point-and-click adventure game.
The platform is probably MS-DOS, I played the shareware version.
The graphics were 2d and had not a lot of details. I played it around 2000, but I think it was created earlier.
The name I can recall is 'b7', but I cannot find the game by it's name. It's not the action game based on the Blake's 7 series.

The goal of the shareware version of the game is to escape from a spaceship.

These are the in-game details I can recall:

You have to cause a fire in your cell to get the guards to extinguish it. After that they would let the door open to let the smoke out and post a guard next to your door.
You have to wait until the guard is looking away from you and strangle him from the back. (with an electrical wire or garden hose I think)
After escaping from your cell you'll get in a hallway, with each door having some kind of electrical lock. You could open one by unscrewing it and solving some kind of puzzle.

I recall going through other rooms (of the guards) picking up stuff I needed to escape. (getting it from drawers and cabinets). Probably also finding some other prisoners that didn't survive...

You have escaped from the spaceship and you are on a bare planet, I think most of it is red/orange dirt. You are near a cliff and on the other side is something blinking, probably a ring.

Just before or just after you're able to get the ring the shareware version stops, You get an advertisement for the full version of the game, taking place at a new planet.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:23 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

What year was it released in, approximately? Maybe it's somewhere on this list at MobyGames...
Rutix

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:29 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean the dutch game B-7?

Some screenshots here:
http://i.imgur.com/ULQv3.png
http://i.imgur.com/RrXAs.png
http://i.imgur.com/Sla2M.png
http://i.imgur.com/LVmO3.png

I was searching a lot too for this game Blissful

The site to the developer is here:
http://users.telenet.be/hendrik.knaepen/retrobox.htm

All his games are freeware and so can be found on his site.
harry66

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:54 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Woohoo! Applauding
Thanks a bunch Rutix! It's exactly the game I was looking for. Shit-Eating Grin
A lot of the other games on that page I played as well, I totally forgot about them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Find Old Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1