DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ancient DOS Games

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> General Gaming
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:07 am     Post subject: Ancient DOS Games Reply with quote

I'm sure a lot of you are familiar with Gemini, an old MZXer and the creator of "Pixelships", which can be downloaded on this site. Since I first played Pixelships (and collected every single ship... I was a really bored 12 year old) I've made it a point to check his website every year or so, to see what new projects he's been up to.

Recently he's created Ancient DOS Games, a ongoing series that reviews some of the best DOS games ever made. They're long and rather dry, but his voice is very easy to listen to, and the reviews contain a tremendous amount of knowledge. He goes in depth about the creation of the games, their content, and even the best way to get them running smoothly in DOSBox. I had a nerdgasm listening to his review of one of my personal favorites, Tyrian.

If you enjoy DOS games at all (and if you don't, why the hell are you here?), you'll find hours of enjoyment at ADG.
dosraider
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:39 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Bookmarked ADG, interesting stuff.

THX Doggy.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:09 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, this is a great thing! Thanks for the info! Shit-Eating Grin

[Edit] BTW, this reminded me of the very nice old game reviews I've seen on YouTube, the Era Game Reviews. That guy really did justice to Rise of the Triad, and generally the reviews are well thought out and interesting to watch.
Farrelly.B

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:48 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

You remind me so much of the games that I was addicted to as a child. Congratulatory
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Free Windows games