+ Scummvm....help!

Post problems with getting games installed and running properly here.
Wishing Bubble

+ Scummvm....help!

Post by Wishing Bubble »

Hi all. :)

Have read a number of postings about lucasarts games and how they require ScummVM to run properly. I clicked on some of the links to the ScummVM website, and have tried to work out which one to download, but there are too many too choose from. I'm boggled as to which one will be compatible with my O/S Windows XP Pro.
Can anyone tell me the exact file I need to download, exactly where it needs to be put and how to make it work on my system. I'm trying to play Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, but it's got not sound. mouse and keyboard work fine though!

Thanks in advance to any Tech Angels for their assistance,:love:
Wishing Bubble Wishes You All A Stress Free Day!
Amro
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Amro »

I had that exact problem. But the download was easy to find. No one will give you the exact link unless they're totally bored. Just try all the DLs (or make an "educated" guess which one it would be).
Laoghaire

Post by Laoghaire »

It's been a long time, but I THINK at:

http://www.scummvm.org/downloads.php

I got ScummVM Windows Installer (1.0M Win32 .exe). I have Win 2k, but that one should work with all the supported versions of Windows. Unless I am wrong. :)
Wishing Bubble

Post by Wishing Bubble »

Thanks Amro and Laoghaire for replying

I downloaded the file you mentioned Laoghaire, which seems to be ok for my o/s windows xp.
But now comes the $64k question.....how do you set it up? I've read the readme file and not being a technical whizz, it reads like workshop manual to me! Can anyone one explain the techno jargon (which is supposed to be easy to understand) so that I can set it up to play Indiana Jones....please?

I know that doing a step-by-step for a blonde might be a bit funny, but any assistance would be greatly appreciated, I've heard such great reports about you guys that I'm sure that you can come up with the goodsk, so to speak B)

Thanks in advance to any Tech-Angels for their help :love:
Laoghaire

Post by Laoghaire »

Once again, going off of memory here. I think I just put it in a folder.. Then just run scummvm.exe and Add Game. Direct it towards the game folder. Then start! I probably would have gotten confused reading the texts that came with it. That's why I always read the instructions last. :)
Wishing Bubble

Post by Wishing Bubble »

FANTASTIC!!!!!.......
Way to go Laoghaire, you Tech Angel :angel:
Cool Dude Indy B) now has sounds and music.
Thanks for all your help.

Wishing Bubble is now stress free.........till the next problem comes along... :)

BTW would scummvm work on Sherlock Holmes and the Serrated Scapel that;s got dodgy mouse problems???