I am a loser (Music video)

Anything else unrelated to gaming can go here.
Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin

I am a loser (Music video)

Post by Santhosh CHRiS »

A song and video inspired by own life situation from the bottom of my heart. Dedicated to everyone who thinks they're a loser when in fact they're just a winner wearing a mask :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CLhj0O5aDE

You can see the Flash version here

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/546656

You can download the song here...

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/164635

Thanks for watching and be sure to please leave a comment on Youtube or a review at Newgrounds if you can! I really hope it can inspire you in some way to keep goin no matter what and always be open with your emotions in life!
Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin

Post by Santhosh CHRiS »

Wow it just got frontpaged on Newgrounds. Can't believe all the comments on Youtube, reviews and emails... my fingers are getting numb from replying them all HELP!! Lol... I'd say it's well on it's way to become my next big hit. Haven't had one for years ha ha..

But the best part of all this is my dad just emailed me that he actually REALLY liked it and he's always been my toughest critic. I don't think he's been much impressed with my music videos since Back to the start Mario lol

(Sigh) Wish I could share this moment with the girl I wrote it for :(
Cmaza
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Cmaza »

Already said on Facebook, but for those here that don't use Facebook.. Again, congratulations on this. Great to see it doing well. :)
Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin

Post by Santhosh CHRiS »

Cmaza wrote:Already said on Facebook, but for those here that don't use Facebook.. Again, congratulations on this. Great to see it doing well. :)
Thank you so much Caleb! To be frank I expected it to be an utter flop but WOW! The song currently ranks no.25 best songs! Can't believe the feedback from everyone and how it connects with them. But none of that matters as much as reading stuff from DGF members.

Btw I saw your comment on the Youtube Wally. Replied to it. If any other DGF member left a comment or review plz let me know which id and when :)
Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin

Post by Santhosh CHRiS »

This is possibly the funniest cutest email I got yet :laugh:

"On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 1:48 PM, Tor-Erik Valstad <tor> wrote:

Hey!

My name is Tor-Erik and i want to use your song: I am a loser, in a non-profit school project film.

we will give you credit for the music and we will not make any money on it.

so can we please use your song without you sending your lawyers after us?

i would appreciate an answer asap.

If you want more info about the film and etc, you can feel free to ask on this e-mail.

Cheers, Tor-Erik.
"
Cmaza
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Cmaza »

That's pretty cool. So have you replied to them yet? :thumbsup:
Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin

Post by Santhosh CHRiS »

Cmaza wrote:That's pretty cool. So have you replied to them yet? :thumbsup:
Ya I gave them full permission ofcourse and they said they'd send a copy of the film. Btw I got your offline message about doing some project. What's it about? You can PM me :)
Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin

Post by Santhosh CHRiS »

Lot of people have been askin if they could cover the song but not many wind up actually doing it. This kid did and I daresay he's got a better voice :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yM_kjj9O8Js
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Much better then the original.
An improvement. Really.
:upset:
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin

Post by Santhosh CHRiS »

dosraider wrote:Much better then the original.
An improvement. Really.
Awwww... now now Dosie. Don't make me share the PM you sent me right after I released it ;)

"Dear Santosh

I know I have been teasing you all these years but in heart you have changed my life. 'I am a loser' has made the biggest impact so far and hope u continue inspiring everyone like me to reach out and touch someone...

Yur the best

Dosraider

P.S.

I love you man :(
"
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

Santhosh CHRiS wrote:
dosraider wrote:Much better then the original.
An improvement. Really.
Awwww... now now Dosie. Don't make me share the PM you sent me right after I released it ;)

"Dear Santosh

I know I have been teasing you all these years but in heart you have changed my life. 'I am a loser' has made the biggest impact so far and hope u continue inspiring everyone like me to reach out and touch someone...

Yur the best

Dosraider

P.S.

I love you man :(
"

Now, see, you had me till the "I love you man" bit.

I mean, we all know that which can not be killed can not love.
<center>
abyss wrote:I don't even know if starcraft 1 was a windows or dos games.
</center>

ModBot™ - Faster than the speed of spam!(and always taking it to where it belongs!)
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Santhosh CHRiS wrote:I love you man :("
No sex no love. :karate:
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin

Post by Santhosh CHRiS »

Can't believe this is gonna reach 50,000 views on YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CLhj0O5aDE

Also collectively nearing 100k if u include other sites it was featured on Dailymotion, Newgrounds, Albinoblacksheep, etc. Hard to imagine I wrote half the song in the bathroom... don't ask which half :laugh:

The video itself was laid out to me in a weird dream half awake state where I suddenly got up from my bed in the middle of the night went to the empty room upstairs and with a sudden vision knew exactly what I wanted it to be like... i decided to take a day off work the next couple of days told my boss and began work went to the nearby store to get some tape and string. The store had just opened for business and had a good chat with the store owner. He had studied Zoology and wanted to find another job but meanwhile this would be his earning a living.. Good times :)
Cmaza
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Cmaza »

That's pretty cool. Congratulations. ^^