Flying game similar to these on pictures [Dawn Raider]

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
klosi

Flying game similar to these on pictures [Dawn Raider]

Post by klosi »

Hi!

I havea question. I played as a kid the game that looked just like this one but it is not this one for sure. That one was better for my taste. Please help with your ideas.

Pictures of the similar game:

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/8724 ... igers1.gif

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/1309 ... igers4.gif

Thanks for any help!
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

http://www.mobygames.com/game/1942
Not listed on Mobys but there are dos/win remakes, not hard to find via google.
Also a lot of online flash game sites for the game.
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
klosi

Post by klosi »

Hmmm. Sorry it is not this game 1942. Ithink it was a little bit newer. And I think I remember that on start of the game there was a big iron robot. And than it was the game very smilar to game I posted pictures in my first post.

Thanks for your help anyhow, appreciated!
emmzee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by emmzee »

Have you checked the games in the "Space Shooting" category? One of them might be a match ... (just click on the screenshot links)

http://dosgames.com/g_spa.php
Owner / Webmaster of DOSGames.com for over 20 years

Download my free ebook: The Historical Reliability of the New Testament
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

Power Strike for Sega Master System?
klosi

Post by klosi »

I checked all the screens and power strike and it's not any of these games :(

Thanks for your help anyway. I do remeber that in game there was an option for 2 players and when you flew around there were these (blue i think) baloons which you shooted and than got the upgrade or gas or something like that.
Swiftcutter
Expert
Expert

Post by Swiftcutter »

klosi

Post by klosi »

No sorry, but itis a little similar. They all are... :/
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

klosi wrote:They all are... :/
Yes and that's the problem with your description.
It covers any game in that genre ever released and all their clones or fanmade variants.
There are thousands floating around of those.
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
klosi

Post by klosi »

But what should I descibe?

This is my best description and it contains everythingthat I remeber ofthe game:

(I am not sure of that there is a big silver robot and there are some chinese letters on the screen). Than you strat the game. You are a green airplane (if there are 2 players the secound one was silver) and you fly around shooting planes and ships. Meanwhile there are blue baloons floating and if you shoot them you switch which reward it is going to be. If you shoot it as many times as possible you get an upgrade of your weapon. And after many upgrades you get a new plane and all over again. Then there are bosses on the end of some (or maybe every) levels. I remeber that the best weapon possible were red lasers shooting in many directions.

This is everything I remeber. Please give it a thought. I appreciate all of you who have helped and all of you who give any sugestions. Thank you!
JKSM
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by JKSM »

Trying a long shot, since you mention there were chinese characters. Could it be Raiden II or any other in the
Raiden Series? The Raiden series of games were very popular Chinese shooter games. From Raiden II and above it is at least 2 players each with different colured plane (red & blue).

There is no blue balloon but there were coloured (including blue) square power ups floating around.
klosi

Post by klosi »

It looks similar as many other games this tipe. Thanks for trying but it looks like I will never find this game :(

Post by Guest »

Raptor: Call of the Shadows?
AshyRaccoon
Expert
Expert

Post by AshyRaccoon »

It's not one of these versions of Sky Shark, perhaps?
http://www.mobygames.com/game/sky-shark/screenshots

Something about "If you shoot it as many times as possible you get an upgrade of your weapon. And after many upgrades you get a new plane and all over again" made me think of it.. well, the NES version.. if I'm even remembering it right.
klosi

Post by klosi »

It's not any of these games :((((
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

Can you post everything you know about the game?
klosi

Post by klosi »

OK. I posted it before and this is really everything I know:

(I am not sure of that there is a big silver robot and there are some chinese letters on the screen). Than you strat the game. You are a green airplane (if there are 2 players the secound one was silver) and you fly around shooting planes and ships. Meanwhile there are blue baloons floating and if you shoot them you switch which reward it is going to be. If you shoot it as many times as possible you get an upgrade of your weapon. And after many upgrades you get a new plane and all over again. Then there are bosses on the end of some (or maybe every) levels. I remeber that the best weapon possible were red lasers shooting in many directions.
Cush1978
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Cush1978 »

klosi

Post by klosi »

nope not the demonstar

I thik I should give up
klosi

Post by klosi »

I am back on the forum and found most of the games I've been looking for meanwhile :D
So the game I was looking for here was
Dawn Raider