DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

JPC To Play Free DOS Games Online

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> dosgames.com Site Suggestions
junk104

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:50 am     Post subject: JPC To Play Free DOS Games Online Reply with quote

Load up a hard drive with a catagory of games and allow users to browse to and play games via freeDOS on JPC -
http://www-jpc.physics.ox.ac.uk/home_home.html

Instead of being able to just DOWNLOAD over 500 free dos games, how about being able to play over 500 dos games online?

I'd play em!
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:17 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

One of our sites, dosgames.cc, allows this to a limited extent.
emmzee
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:19 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea, although there are some problems with it ... I tried the Keen game and it ran super-fast on my computer, it was basically unplayable. Also it looked like about a 5meg total download was required play it, whereas the Keen zip file is only 238k. So for people in countries with slow internet access, the download/DOSBox method would be preferable, especially since every time you wanted to play you'd have to re-download that 5megs.

But I can certainly see the usefulness of this sort of system, and hope it will continue to improve in the future. Is it possible for players to save their games?
Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:41 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

I also prefer to download the game whenever possible. It's tough enough to wait each time for a Flash game to load or a Youtube video to stream with a connection speed like mine Tbbbbbth!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> dosgames.com Site Suggestions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Free Windows games