DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dark Sun : Shattered Lands - How does casting work?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Game Help, Hints and Tips
malachi151

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:00 pm     Post subject: Dark Sun : Shattered Lands - How does casting work? Reply with quote

I've been playing this game pretty successfully, but for the life of me I can't figure out how casting for Druids/Clerics/Preservers works in terms of "mana pool" or whatever.

The Psi "spells" use your psi stats, and you can see your psi go down when you use those abilities, but I can't figure out how much a spell costs or how many more spells I may be able to cast, etc.

Does anyone know how "mana" works in Dark Sun?
Rwolf
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:22 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Never played it, but there is a manual & a cluebook at replacementdocs website.
malachi151

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:08 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, those don't have the answer, but I did find at least some of the answer in a video. Apparently when you hover over the spell it tells you how many times you can cast that level spell. It's not perfect, and doesn't really explain the formula that's used, but it's something and more info than I had.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Game Help, Hints and Tips All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Free Windows games