DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ever wondered?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> General Off-Topic
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:26 am     Post subject: Ever wondered? Reply with quote

When you are about to die, what would you wish you had or hadn't done?
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:00 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Used my vacation days and rest up for the next adventure. Tbbbbbth! I'm trying to succeed enough at career to either start my own company or be in charge enough that I don't have to, but that's just incremental growth of what I'm doing now (with some terrifying but thrilling steps left to the future, natch.) The rest are all in the category "well, I never was a handsome hollywood movie star." Not exactly a "well, go do it!" item.
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:51 pm     Post subject: God, Cheese-its & Rice, is number one! Reply with quote

Quadko wrote:
Used my vacation days and rest up for the next adventure. Tbbbbbth! I'm trying to succeed enough at career to either start my own company or be in charge enough that I don't have to, but that's just incremental growth of what I'm doing now (with some terrifying but thrilling steps left to the future, natch.) The rest are all in the category "well, I never was a handsome hollywood movie star." Not exactly a "well, go do it!" item.

Well, you are good enough to get a wife so that says something about you! I am still single so working in Hollywood once does not mean you are successful with a faithful spouse who loves you. So congratulations on that.

I always say you should use your vacation days when emergency hits. It is like a spare tire - you do not change it every week for fun.

Starting your own company has its ups and downs. My aunt started her own mom and pop corner store. The salary is there. However you have a lot to do. She retired at 65 or so. She used to work for good companies however it was not like being your own boss.
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:52 am     Post subject: I'm a failure at startup company! Reply with quote

Speaking of startup company, I once opened up my own business when I lived in Pennsylvania. It didn't last very long because I didn't have enough capital. You need enough money to keep advertising until the revenues come in and you start getting business.

By the time I got one client I had to fold because I could not maintain enough momentum to keep the business open long enough for more clients to foot the bills for my "company" that I operated out of my apartment. I had all the equipments needed to make professional laminated greeting cards. I even had a professional laminating machine at home.

Anyways that was a long time ago. 1996 I guess was the year.

Anyways that's why in the new days to come I keep trying to give out free games and such. I figure it is good advertising and hopefully I can get some support this second time around. However the good thing this time is that I am on welfare. So really I'm set for life as long as I don't spend much.

Besides, I have an excuse. I'm type A personality so I tend to be high strung. I always will compete to be the best of the best. Even if I fail at least I gave it my best shot while I was alive.

The only real praise I really got from all the classes I got was my Spain teacher told me to go to Spain to live after teaching me enough spanish to get by in Spain. She says I just need to be surrounded by the spanish people to think and be one of them.

Oh well, God gives you what you need I guess not exactly what you always wanted!
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:55 am     Post subject: God, Cheese-its & Rice, is number one!hehe Reply with quote

Cheese-its & Rice!hehe

However with my mom being retired and all I love her so much that I have to be there for her all her 100 complete happy and complete safe years!!!!!!!!!!!!
pseudocoder
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:25 pm     Post subject: Re: Ever wondered? Reply with quote

tienkhoanguyen wrote:
When you are about to die, what would you wish you had or hadn't done?

Personally, I welcome death - this broken body is a prison. Tbbbbbth! All kidding aside, I haven't really thought about it much... I guess I'd look back on the things that I've done and humor myself... thinking of things that I hadn't done wouldn't be of much comfort, I don't think.
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:23 am     Post subject: God, Cheese-its & Rice, is number one!hehe Reply with quote

Cheese-its & Rice!hehe

I'd say "Thank you God for always being there for me past, present, future!"
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> General Off-Topic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Free Windows games