DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
NEW! DOSGames.com has been massively upgraded to v2.0 with TONS of new features!
Check out the new design and dozens of new features including online play!

DOS trivia!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Announcements
The_Sinister_Mastermind
Overlord

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:33 pm     Post subject: DOS trivia! Reply with quote

Now Iím sure you all recall my nice big announcement that DOS games IRC was back, though unfortunately many of you are yet to join us.

In the hopes of changing that, and to give our regulars more reasons to keep coming back, Iíve made a bot, specifically a trivia bot.

However, I need or rather Iíd like you all to contribute. Basically the script itís currently running is random trivia, what Iíd like is gaming trivia with an obvious focus on DOS. Questions wonít be limited to just DOS. Windows, Mac, console games trivia is more then welcome as well, but it must be gaming trivia. (So yeah, no overly technical hardware trivia questions just yet, maybe later down the line)

Hereís where you all come in. Since Iíve gone to the trouble:
Creating the bot itself
Setting up the required scrips & formatting
Hosting the bot (Not to mention running the channel Tbbbbbth!)
And Iíll have to input all questions/answers

Itíd be great if you guys could get involved and send me questions to be used.

You can PM me (preferred) or email me (If you do put something like ďDOS trivia questionĒ in the subject so it doesnít get mistaken for spam).

What to include:

The question and answer (obviously) and where possible, I would like a reference source so I can verify the accuracy of the information youíre giving me. Iím sure the info youíre giving me is fine, this is just so if complains arise in the future I can just quote the source to avoid arguments.

Try not to post questions/answers in here if you can avoid it, if all else fails by all means do as all contributions are welcome. Just note that your post will be delete after I add the question to the base file as to avoid people cheating.

Anyway, even if youíve never come to the IRC channel thereís no reason you canít contribute to this and thereís no reason you canít start coming now! Shit-Eating Grin Iím always in there, quite often youíll bump into the likes of hydeí, Gamer_V, Larry_Laffer and a few others.

What this bot aims to do is give you something to do if there doesnít happen to be anyone around to chat with and of course so you can compete against each other!

Later updates, pending the response/popularity, might include things like: team trivia, a few trigger scrips & maybe a roulette scrip which is always good for a laugh.
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:19 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thought to say that the trivia bot works fine(tho' for now it has some pretty weirdass questions), and it would really be great if you would join the channel Congratulatory
Gamer_V
Gaming God
Gaming God

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:24 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

I can just feel the kickass dos-gaming questions flowing in. Sort of. Is there any format it should be in so you can add it easily? (as in: #code)

On top of that, join the channel! We need a busy channel! Violent
The_Sinister_Mastermind
Overlord

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:32 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the bot is up and running, it has trivia though itís not on any specific category right now, itís just random... really random.

And if youíd like to help streamline the input of new questions then submit them in the following format: Question*Answer

E.g.

Who is the coolest admin on DGF?*The_Sinister_Mastermind

Wink

Also, I'll be putting up a list of commands later, but for now just use !trivia to start and !strivia to stop. Happy

EDIT: Update! OK I've got DOS trivia working, originally I was thinking I would have to completely redo the entire list of questions the base script came with, luckily that wasn't the case. So not only can you enjoy the random trivia, you'll also be able to played themed games. I'll work on one theme list at a time, so keep the gaming questions coming, I'll probably add in a movie theme later & others as I think of them, enjoy! Happy
wardrich
"Some Troll"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:51 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I got all excited seeing this thread jump back into existence... too bad it was a stupid spambot.
CPT Worm
American Hero
<font color=gold>American Hero</font>

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:13 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Spambots are all we see 'round these parts these days.
Crying Crying Crying
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:31 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Could make another IRC Chan if you want.. Plenty of room on freenode Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1