DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need loops

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Game Creation
MaryBeth

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:34 am     Post subject: Need loops Reply with quote

Do any of you know any sites for downloading free sound loops? I need one for the background inside a cave.

Thanks
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:07 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... I don't usually use loops with ma' games(I just compose music and then insert the melody into the game) but a google search revealed this:
http://www.loopsound.com/
http://www.sounddogs.com/
http://www.stonewashed.net/sfx.html (this really looks good, I think I'll give it a shot some time)
MaryBeth

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:22 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

You compose your own? Thats cool! I couldn't even find C if my life depended on it Wink

I thought I had a good one picked out, but the more I test play my game, the more I don't like the sound, and I know my way thru the cave, someone playing for the first time and getting lost in there, might go alittle nuts I'm afraid LOL

I'll check out those sites right now

Thanks very much for the help!
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:19 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

No biggie Congratulatory !
And about composing... that ain't the hard part... finding out what numbers to use for each sound, that's the hard part hard Wink
MaryBeth

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:49 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just wondering....what do you mean by inserting the melody into the game? So the sound file doesn't have to be included separately in the download? That would be cool, what lang is that?
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:17 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

er... no... actually i have the melody written on a piece of paper and I just insert the numbers corresponding for each musical sign into a variable... and then those numbers are converted sounds and are played alternatively in the game

and thats Borland Pascal.... but might I say it's VERY hard to make a game in BP Sad
MaryBeth

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:20 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I think I get what you mean. I first learned to progrm on my dad's old 1980's era TI99/4A and that used like Call Sound (duration, frequency, volume). PASCAL is an old lang too, so that just must be how they did it back then.

Making a game in anything isn't easy Wink Well, not counting those retarded creator things, I truely hate those!

Have fun with your game and thanks for the help and info!

MB
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:09 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Anytime!! Hope your game comes out nicely Congratulatory
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Game Creation All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1