DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Duke Nukem 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Game Reviews
Thunderdog
Token Black Guy
<b>Token Black Guy</b>

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 10:09 pm     Post subject: Duke Nukem 2 Reply with quote

Much better Sequel to the Original..

Graphics A *Lot* better than the first, Although theres only VGA graphics, which were flashy at it's time. 6 out of 10
Gameplay Ye Gawds! This reminded me a lot of Contra 2. On some levels, you can get into Ships w/ Laser cannons. Controlling the character can get kind of hard sometimes, though. You can Crouch, Flip, and hang. 8 out of 10
Sound Really good for It's time. I remeber getting the shareware version of this years ago, and was blown away by the vocal at the beginning (1997). The sounds for your Guns are nothing but the Classic "Laser blast" sounds. 6 out of 10 here.
Plot Youvebeencapturedbyaliensthatwanttodestroytheworldfornoreasonwithyourbrain Why do the Aliens ALWAYS want to destroy earth for no reason? Confuzzled 4 out of 10

Overall 7 out of 10
I'd reccomend this for anyone who is a heavy dos games collector, or a fan of Duke Nukem 3D, and would like to see how it originated. There, I fixed it some

Last edited by Thunderdog on Mon Feb 24, 2003 8:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Da_Goat

Location: Prescott, Arizona, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, The Universe, Nothing and Nowhere.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 10:42 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, but this is a lousy review.
eViL bOrIs I

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 9:56 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup. Don't make comparisons to the first ame unless you are gonna explain exactly how good the first game was.
Thunderdog
Token Black Guy
<b>Token Black Guy</b>

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 8:20 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

It's better than this Lousy Piece of crap. Name what was wrong with my review. I spent a good while looking for that just so I could write this.
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 10:48 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooooooaaaaaaaaahhhh... Deeze reviews are done gettin' as bad as those on the old review system at zzt.org... *shudders in horror*
Da_Goat

Location: Prescott, Arizona, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, The Universe, Nothing and Nowhere.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 1:44 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Thunderdog wrote:
It's better than this Lousy Piece of crap. Name what was wrong with my review. I spent a good while looking for that just so I could write this.
What was bad is that you probably didn't spend 15 minutes writing that review.....even my shortest reviews take at least 1/2 an hour, and on Game Hippo, I also have to find all the other stuff, and take the screenshot, and stuff...
Kazer0
Mercenary Dishwasher

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 3:21 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

that one review was like teh third one written. I was planning on editing it as I went along in the game, but they locked it. It was also written before they put out those rules.
Thunderdog
Token Black Guy
<b>Token Black Guy</b>

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 3:10 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent more than 15 minutes writing that review. The problem was, I was being attacked by zz8 after stupidly unblocking him...
Amro
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 11:57 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhm... he doesn't have to say how good the first one was. It's a comparison. And not many people like to read 5-page-long reviews.
Kazer0
Mercenary Dishwasher

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 1:28 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

i never read long posts. I prefer short and too the point reviews.
Da_Goat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 1:56 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but you should at least have it be well written. Possibly one good solid paragraph could be good.
486 player
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 2:16 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Amro and K0 are right. Which sonds to one good, does to another bad.
486 player
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 2:18 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

'More than an abduction before the end of tv-interview, I hate dumb power maniac aliens! Does those slimy varicose veined Rigelatins really think that they could suck my brain and take Mother Earth? NO WAY! I'm getting out of there!

This cool rigelatin riffle has a better fire rate than that "atomic" pistol CIA gave me. This baby can shoot not only thin wimpies, but also loveable rocket, laser, which cannot been stopped and way cool flame! I don't care will you try to drop onto my neck, whack face or back of head, butt or dick or snap my feet when I'm hangin' on, I'll shoot ya all, d******t!!! Finally I can resurrect from beacon and go down by a lift. Take that proton brain! Easy? HA! Hard it must be! The more gun food, the better party! (98)

All I see, is as it must be painted. (92) Sound is the best up to Doom, but music is in 4 songs good and 2 bad. Bobby has done better work. (86)

If they register me, (Hey! 10 bucks! It ain't bad!) I can finnally get off that dorky planet, more dangerously than I beated Doc Proton, but nothin' worse taht good ol' Duke can't handle. God, I love my job!'

Last edited by 486 player on Wed Jul 02, 2003 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thunderdog
Token Black Guy
<b>Token Black Guy</b>

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 2:05 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Instead of writing a whole damn story like on GH, I divided everything into Category's. And it would've been a bit more appropriate to start your OWN topic.
486 player
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 3:04 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Thou don't want any other to review a game if it's already done? There's no need to that. What's the sense to make 2 topics, whose centents are same like? Watch the story again and thou'lt see that I didn't write full.
Da_Goat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 3:41 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with 486. You should just post under another topic, unless it happens to be locked.

Good review, 486, but you might want to limit slang. If you use it too much, you start to sound stupid. I would also think you should fix the grammer.

But it is a good review, with some touch-ups. At least you can "hear" your voice in it.
nastypoisonspikes
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 5:32 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Thunderdog wrote:
The problem was, I was being attacked by zz8 after stupidly unblocking him...

Me and zz8 co-existance in harmony, simply by not talking to each other.
486 player
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 8:01 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Duke's thou mean?
Ro@m
Hamachi Guardian

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 1:28 pm     Post subject: YAY Reply with quote

Yay what a rewiew!Man!Couldn't it be better?
Thrall
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 3:12 pm     Post subject: Re: YAY Reply with quote

Ro@m wrote:
Yay what a rewiew!Man!Couldn't it be better?

Confuzzled
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Game Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Free Windows games