DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recent difficulties
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> General Gaming
Bobo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 6:42 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea, DG. I hope....

BTW: I thought I apllied for both, I would like both, but if you can't it would be OK.
Da_Goat

Location: Prescott, Arizona, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, The Universe, Nothing and Nowhere.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 8:28 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, a possible better idea would be to let Bobo have sub-mod powers for the forum, and Kazer0 be the leader. That way they'd still be in joint power.
Bobo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 9:12 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

I think K0 wants the reigns of truth, more then I do. (k0 wants mod powers more then me Wink). It's up to you guys, though.
Thunderdog
Token Black Guy
<b>Token Black Guy</b>

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 11:31 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Kazer is just like me when I was on iB: I wanted to be a mod just for the sake of power. Laughing
Bobo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 12:37 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

We all want power. It's how we handle it. So you just want to have MOD powers, because you can?
Kazer0
Mercenary Dishwasher

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 1:01 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

i donmt want power, i want respect Wink

actually, i could be submod and bobo the leader since he submitted teh idea to dogbreath.
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 9:32 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

kazer0 wrote:
i donmt want power, i want respect Wink

Kindness is something I give naturally to all users here, respect is hard earned. Wink

Your statement above about rather being held in good esteem by our users than having power here, I respect that.

Your willingness to have your own Usergroup instead of just begging to join the Elites or whatever is popular, I respect that.

Your willingness to be a mod here soley because you want to help Dosgames, not out of lust for power, I respect that.

I have come to respect you enough to entrust you with your own usergroup. This is very important as it represents one of the only two "political" groups we have here. Use it wisely when creating its member base and make wise decisions in its history that help aid your group, and I will respect that.
nastypoisonspikes
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:12 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

I think anyone should be given a usergroup if they ask for one. If they're irresponsible, it will show by the amount of users join the group. The only inconvenience is that there is no "usergroup creation form". Not that we need one. If we were a huge forum, then maybe yes.

But that's just me.
Da_Goat

Location: Prescott, Arizona, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, The Universe, Nothing and Nowhere.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 2:20 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye, we have a "Usergroup Petition Forum" over at game hippo. This is how it works:
You come up with a usergroup idea, then you need 4 more people to support it (meaning 5 altogethor). Then, you need an admin to approve of it.
johpower
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 12:50 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Just dropped by Bobo's DOS Games: Congratulatory and you've linked to this site for discussions: Congratulatory Congratulatory
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Free Windows games