A Classic....

General discussion for all topics related to DOS, Windows, Linux, consoles, etc. Anything to do with games.
Mr.Guimo
Expert
Expert

A Classic....

Post by Mr.Guimo »

We can not forget the classic game Heroes of Might and Magic. God that game has realy get better & better. Soon is here Heroes of Might 5 .....I'm realy exited over that

Someone here how is that impressed over that game as me?
The_Sinister_Mastermind
<font color=red><b>Overlord</b></font>

Post by The_Sinister_Mastermind »

Hero’s 3 was always a favourite of mine, Armageddon’s Blade was an awesome expansion as well. I have Hero’s 1 & 2, I've played Hero’s 1 a little but not really much and I'm yet to try Hero’s 2. A mate of mine has Hero’s 4 which I'll definitely be borrowing at some point as well.

Just recently I missed the beta for Hero’s 5 which was a major bummer, but, I'm still looking forward to getting the game when it comes out. So far the screen shots and videos look great, and if the rest of the series is anything to go off the game will be awesoem.
<center>I am the master, fear none but me. I am the master of all that will be... Image

Are you looking for Z? - DOSBox & D-Fend Guide! - I’m looking for 4 games!
Best Of Windows Entertainment Package

DOSgames IRC is back! now with DOS Trivia!
Server: irc.p2p-network.net
Channel: #DOSgames
For mIRC users: irc://irc.p2p-network.net/DOSgames

Please don’t PM me every time you can’t find a game, I really don’t have time to logon to the site that often let alone be your personal assistant.
Just use the “Finding Old Games” subforum like everyone else.</center>
Mr.Guimo
Expert
Expert

Post by Mr.Guimo »

I agree, the prints looks very great and nice. Hero 5 is aswell the first game on a 3D version i think?....Maybe i'v got the wrong message but i think so... :rolleyes:
The_Sinister_Mastermind

Well Hero's 3 was in semi 3D but not really, I thought that Hero's 4 was but I could be mistaken. But Hero's 5 will definitely be the first to be in real 3D.
<center>I am the master, fear none but me. I am the master of all that will be... Image

Please don’t PM me every time you can’t find a game, I really don’t have time to logon to the site that often let alone be your personal assistant.
Mr.Guimo
Expert
Expert

Post by Mr.Guimo »

Yeah i think so too, i hope this version will be realy fun, i mean i thought the other was funny and thay weren't even in 3D :thumbsup:
The_Sinister_Mastermind

Well to be fair, 3D didn't exist back then, but yeah the new one looks like it'll be awesome. Release date is currently set for May 23rd. I'm getting Oblivion tomorrow so I'll probably put off on buying Hero's 5 for at least a little while.

Mr.Guimo
Expert
Expert

Post by Mr.Guimo »

Oblivion that is a awesome game. 5 GB / HD or something like that? I'v baught Oblivion aswell and i think it is a very good game. Good details. More or less everything you can wish by a game ^_^
The_Sinister_Mastermind

Woo picked up my collectors edition today. Haven't installed it yet, need to clean up my HD a tad first.

Mr.Guimo
Expert
Expert

Post by Mr.Guimo »

Hehe yeah to clean up your HD would be the best thing to do :P If you wan't to see trailers on Oblivion "klick" here www.gametrailers.com and then serch on oblivion. Maybe that isn't so funny now when you have the game but still..... ^_^
The_Sinister_Mastermind

I own Oblivion, why would I want to see trailers of it? (And I’ve already seen ever trailer released, but thanks) :P Besides if you want trailers you're much better off going to the movie download section of the Bethesda Softworks main TES site.

Swiftman
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Swiftman »

Oh man.... If I were a mod, I would say "Keep away from the IM-like posts"

Instead, since I'm not a mod, I'll say, in an attempt to get back on topic:

Heroes 3 ruled. I have it somewhere.... if it works still.
Ro@m
<i>Hamachi Guardian</i>

Post by Ro@m »

Damn,i couldn't find anywhere heroes 2,i like the graphis,everything drawns,looked sweet. :)
Kazer0 wrote:WHO ARE ALL YOU PEOPLE?
Vangar
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by Vangar »

I have Heroes 1 to 3, but i don't like them, my younger brother has always loved them so i play them to entertain him. Easy to play you see ;)
Mr.Guimo
Expert
Expert

Post by Mr.Guimo »

I wonder why everyone thinks that the 3.rd Heros of might and magic is better then the 4.th. I'm not an acception, i like the 3.rd better then the 4.th to so...

Ok thank you The_Sinister_Mastermind. That site were better, i agree :rolleyes:

Swiftman: Were still ot the topic? :devil:
dr_st
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by dr_st »

The thing is that while the first three Heroes games built features incrementally on top of each other, the fourth game changed so much that it was an entirely different game. And so many fans of the series didn't like it. I understand that the fifth game is supposed to be more like the first three.
mr abominable snowman

Post by mr abominable snowman »

is everyone talking of heroes or heroes of might and magic?
honesty i found the heroes series relatively boring. but heroes of might and magic :D

cept, i only played 2, bits of 3 and 4.
and if anything i found not much had actually changed :p
i rekon 2 was the pinnacle though; i dunno why despite everyone saying 3 is the best, but 2 entralled me first...
Mr.Guimo
Expert
Expert

Post by Mr.Guimo »

Sound like an good exponation. Yeah i'v heard... that to that the 4.th would be the weakeast link it the series. I don't realy think the 4.th is a bad game, but just a little bit diferent as you said.

P.S [This is not on the topic, but i have to say this] It's the same with need 4 speed. The first 3 was realy populair. Then "just like that" there was Need 4 Speed Underground :( Thats not an bad game either but it's not the same feeling as the 3 other just like Heros Of might and magic 4. D.S :)
mr abominable snowman

Post by mr abominable snowman »

wasnt it nfs4 porsche unleased, and then underound?

underground was/is huge though... it wasn't as good, but popularity wise, it was one of their most successful nfs, especially since they made it to all those consoles...
dr_st
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by dr_st »

NFS4 was High Stakes. NFS5 was Porsche Unleashed and NFS6 was Underground.
The_Sinister_Mastermind

Swiftman wrote:Oh man.... If I were a mod, I would say "Keep away from the IM-like posts"
There’s nothing wrong with the quality of the posts in this thread so far.
Ro@m wrote:Damn,i couldn't find anywhere heroes 2,i like the graphis,everything drawns,looked sweet. :)
PM/E-mail me. Image

As for Hero’s V, I’ve been hearing a lot of bad things about it installing spyware programs and such on your PC that are hard to remove. If you partook in the beta you’ve already got them on your PC as well. I’ll try and find some more info and post it up.

And on the NFS thing, NFS U was and still is big, NFS U2 was and still is bigger. Both are rip offs of a few earlier games. I could go into detail but I have no wish to start a flame war here, but we all know that EA has never come up with an original idea in it’s existence and that is never likely to change.