DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
NEW! DOSGames.com has been massively upgraded to v2.0 with TONS of new features!
Check out the new design and dozens of new features including online play!

The cat in the well

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> General Off-Topic
beeflyonion

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:56 pm     Post subject: The cat in the well Reply with quote

I am trying to write a fable my grandmother told me, but I can't seem to remember the rest of it. I hope that you can help me finish it so I can get it published when I return to South Africa.

In South Africa we consider cats a nusiance. They often damage the crops that we used to grow on our berry plantation in Burgersfort. This causes a huge amount of money to be lost on our investments in the berry seeds. Most farmers don't like cats, and will stab them as soon as they get a chance. My grandmother told me a story about why cats steal our berries. I am no author, so I decided to post it when I found this topic. Hopefully you can help me.

Once upon a time there was a rich king. He ruled all of Africa and the people were united and very happy. He had a great amount of money and riches, but considered himself rich mainly because he was satisfied with his life and had many good friends.
These good friends were all nice people, but he had friend in particular who had been his friend since childhood, and he placed above all other friends. She seemed at times to know him better than he knew himself. This was good, because she often helped him make difficult decisions that he could not make on his own.
She was a very old hag with no eyes and a slack jaw who walked with a cane. She knew ancient magic from the far north desert. She spoke to nobody except the king, because everybody else considered her a bum who lived off the kings sympathy. The king knew this was untrue, but he pretended not to notice because he didn't want to be seen as weak and as somebody who needed help from an old bum woman.
One day she was baking a toad in the oven when she lit herself on fire. The king, who was luckily standing nearby, saw this and shouted. He then went on to beat the fire out on the woman with a large beaver tail, and having no water, urinated on the stove to put out the stove fire. The old woman thanked the man, and ate the frog before going to bed.
She slept easily that night, but she felt something strange in her stomach.
[...]
(THIS IS THE PART I CANT REMEMBER -- THE KING GETS ATTACKED OR SOMETHING AND THE CAT CREATES A THOUSAND COPIES OF ITSELF OR SOMETHING TO GET ALL OVER THE WORLD -- PLEASE HELP!)
CPT Worm
American Hero
<font color=gold>American Hero</font>

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:30 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad! No!

I'm sorry. But I really think this is spam. Unless you can justify this THROUGH PRIVATE MESSAGES ONLY, this will stay *locked*.
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:07 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

this isn't spam...
Check-Mate
Lover Of The Tiny Guybrush
Lover Of The Tiny Guybrush

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:11 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Erm, yeah....it's not.
It's just a really wierd, reallllllly random story....
Cakephatt
Expert
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:34 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You Mr. Worm, greatly appreciated.
The story (As I admit I did write it) is intended to appeal to a wide audience of foreign heritage. The moral was supposed to be that you always hurt the ones you love but I didn't write the whole thing, because I wanted you people to finish it for me. I love you all. A lot. I actually made the whole thing up in about five minutes as I went along. I am confident that it turned out readable.
sohar

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:32 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

This is very good post
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:10 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the lesson.
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:43 pm     Post subject: God, Cheese-its & Rice, is number one!hehe Reply with quote

Cheese-its & Rice!hehe

Jesus!

That sounds like my life.

There is this woman I really like however no one in my family likes her.

However when we talk with each other things click.

At least we have both verbally have a positive image of each other so far.

[To be continued.] Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> General Off-Topic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1