DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
NEW! DOSGames.com has been massively upgraded to v2.0 with TONS of new features!
Check out the new design and dozens of new features including online play!

Russian parkour (urban extreme gymnastics)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Media, Entertainment, & Music
The_Sinister_Mastermind
Overlord

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:28 pm     Post subject: Russian parkour (urban extreme gymnastics) Reply with quote

This has to be one of the coolest videos Iíve ever seen. The camera work isnít great and the sound mixing could use some attention but if these guys arenít in the movie business damn it they should be.

High Res.

Low Res.
davidj123256
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:17 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

ya...dude....it totally ROX
The_Sinister_Mastermind
Overlord

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:27 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed it is, though Iím very curious to know what is said between the two guys on the mobile phone at the end of the clip and those little chunks of text the appear at the bottom in a couple of sections. If anyone knows what theyíre saying/knows what language it is, could you please tell me?

(I know itís called ĎRussian Parkourí but that doesnít necessarily mean theyíre speaking Russian, hence why Iíve asked if anyone actually knows what language theyíre speaking).
HappyHarvick29
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:52 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, I can't wait to see this video next time I get on a computer at school, which will probably be Thursday.

The way you were describing it on MSN, It doesn't sound like I'll be disapointed. Amazed
The_Sinister_Mastermind
Overlord

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:24 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

If you like the stunts in action movies you defiantly wonít be, the stuff these guys are doing greatly resembles what you see in the movies with one minor (by which I mean major) difference. Itís real! As opposed to being faked with things like CGI, cables, blue stages etc.
HappyHarvick29
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:34 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

That's crazy! It would definately take a balance of physical strength and mental strength too. You wouldn't be able to have any doubt as you headed for a wall, cause if you hesitated, it could definately be painful.

Summary: GOOD VID! Congratulatory
Check-Mate
Lover Of The Tiny Guybrush
Lover Of The Tiny Guybrush

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:55 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's Russian.
Basically, the little conversation in the end is like, the kid running goes "Hey, it's me. Oleg." Then he asks if he'll come, or something like that. Then the guy with the black t-shirt goes "No, sorry. Not today, I can't."
Blah blah blah. Nothing very significant. I wasn't exactly paying attention to be able to say word for word.

By the way, that french rap is awful. Guhhh
The_Sinister_Mastermind
Overlord

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:25 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohh well, I had hoped it was something interesting. Thanks for telling us CM. And you really don't like French do you? Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Media, Entertainment, & Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1