DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
NEW! DOSGames.com has been massively upgraded to v2.0 with TONS of new features!
Check out the new design and dozens of new features including online play!

autoexec commands for Monster MX400 sb emulation

chrisv25

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:39 pm     Post subject: autoexec commands for Monster MX400 sb emulation Reply with quote

Hello all,

I just built the rig in my sig. I can not get the sound card to work. It is a Diamond Multimedia Monster Sound MX 400.

I understand this card does not need drivers, I must simply enable sound blaster emulation threough the autoexec.bat file. I added:

SET BLASTER=A220 I5 D1 H5 P330 E620 T6

but my game, Syndicate, is not producing any sound.

Anyone know what I need to do?

Thanks!
The_Sinister_Mastermind
Overlord

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:57 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly I never remember playing Syndicate with sound, so I dunno maybe it doesnít have any. But before giving up, maybe you should try and see if sound works with any other games or weather itís a problem specifically with this one.

BTW, not a bad rig you've got there. Shit-Eating Grin
chrisv25

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:18 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

It definitly had sound Happy One of my favorite parts of the game was when you would tell your agents to switch weapons and they would respond by saying "Selected!".

I just ordered an SB-16 ISA Card on ebay. I am sure I will be able to get that to work Happy

This is a great forum, I cant wait to get some good old classics up and running. Thanks for the help Happy
The_Sinister_Mastermind
Overlord

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:00 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd completely forgotten about this thread, but since a friendly guest has revived it, it may help you out.
johpower
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:24 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

1. So does the sound work in other games? If so check carefully to see if the offending game has special settings or the options are correct.

2. Doesn't need drivers? DOS always needs drivers. Win XX may or may not, depending on version. So what's the OS: DOS? Win XX? That would help us diag this some.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1