DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
NEW! DOSGames.com has been massively upgraded to v2.0 with TONS of new features!
Check out the new design and dozens of new features including online play!

just wondering

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Game Creation
tomrel

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 7:35 pm     Post subject: just wondering Reply with quote

hello people i just wanted to know if you have any advice(being tutorials,help, what not) for me to create console games in c++ i know c++ just not stuff like this
Amro
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 11:35 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

try www.planetsourcecode.com then in C++ select games.
Da_Goat

Location: Prescott, Arizona, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, The Universe, Nothing and Nowhere.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 12:10 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

if you go to the Game Programming part of the Game Hippo forum, you'll probably get more responses. About 1/2 of the Game Hippo community creates games, many with C++.
Amro
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 12:54 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

And the other half plays them and complains about messed-up storylines and bugs.
Unknown_K
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 8:21 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

What version of C and C++ is the best.

I am thinking about buying borland c++ 3.1 off of ebay with all the manuals. It works for dos and windows 3/3.1

Just wanted to start getting into programming again. Visual basic/VC++ is ok for quick stuff but I want to get into real programming
ammar

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 6:51 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

hi from rana,project leader in chian,
laogaming

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 10:35 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer Visual C++ over borland turbo C any day, though Turbo C is good for starting out, VC++ is the thing to make 3d games with.
Unknown_K
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 11:51 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if your doing a 2d game would Visual C++ be about the same as Borlands Turbo C?
codingmonk

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 2:00 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

My two cents...

No... Visual C++ would be faster and more reliable. Plus if you are using C++, over Turbo, you have a more wider range of wrappers, and API's and SDK's when it comes to using your choice of how you want to display your graphics/bit images to the screen.

Edit: Also the best version of C++ is MS Visual C++ 6.0. I would use .NET, but there really hasn't been a good enough reason for me to switch over yet, well unless I want to make a major 3d game, then I might use .NET, but then still .NET and 6.0 are still so alike, well expect of the clear syntax markings that .NET does for you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Game Creation All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1