DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
NEW! DOSGames.com has been massively upgraded to v2.0 with TONS of new features!
Check out the new design and dozens of new features including online play!

+ Master of Magic in XP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Get Games to Work
NBossy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 11:39 am     Post subject: + Master of Magic in XP Reply with quote

I'm trying to play MoM under XP Professional, but I always get a not enough EMS message. I've tried all of the tips in the Getting games to run on XP guide and nothing works. The only thing that makes this situation freakier is that I'm able to run Alien Legacy (which has the exact same memory requirements) with sound and 0's in the XMS and EMS fields.
procerus
Expert
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 4:03 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it's no help to you but, from what I've read, Master of Magic should work under XP. If you're still stuck then I suggest you try a boot disk (provided you're formatted for FAT and not NTFS).
NBossy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 2:35 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't use a boot disk. My computer (a Thinkpad T30) never came with a floppy disk drive, and even if I bought one, the file system is NTFS.
procerus
Expert
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 2:47 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right. There is a memory issue but I think it can be fixed.

Here's a forum devoted to MoM on XP-
http://www.classicgaming.com/mom/board/forum.asp?forum_id=3276&forum_title=Windows+XP

Apparently you can solve the memory problems with DOSBox.

Note that for sound compatibility you will also need VDM Sound.

Sorry I misled you! Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Get Games to Work All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1