DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Internet in the past.

GameMaster.EXE
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:19 pm     Post subject: Internet in the past. Reply with quote

Ok thets refresh our memories and try to remember back when the internet was fresh and you got connected for the first time and tell me your experiences.
emmzee
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:30 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm ... dial-up, it was either 9600 or 14.4 modem at that time. First time I connected it was through the company Internex ... apparently it was quite the company as you can read at that link Shocked I never had any major problems when I was with them, but it sounds like they kinda ... yea you can read the link there. (Also, my dad was a member of CRS, who apparently according to that link was the first BBS to offer 'net access in the Toronto area.)

Annnnnnyywaaaaays ... after I downloaded Netscape for Windows 3.11 ... the first website I loaded was www.nuke.com which at the time was Electronic Gaming Monthly's website (now it seems to point to GameSpot).
The_Sinister_Mastermind
Overlord

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:25 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember it like it was 1 and 1/2 weeks ago Wink. I had my dial up kickig along at a painfull speed. Was with a company called Acay. Who I think have since become Tel Pacigic, who I think have also now changed...... um yeah hrmm first memories. Napster, ohh yeah.
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:14 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

When the net first came to me i didnt know how to do anything Happy

I think it was at a science place called ScienceWorks and i tried to search for Asterix Happy didnt let me Tbbbbbth!
The_Sinister_Mastermind
Overlord

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:30 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

WEll the net had already been around for awhile before I started using it so I already had a general idea of how to use it and all that.
GameMaster.EXE
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:14 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

When I first got on the internet, I was happy to get a speed of 300 baud, now considered slow and crappy today.
jmmijo
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:02 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

For me it was back in my C64 days with the infamouse Taihaiho 300 baud pulse dial-up modem. It worked great and was painfully slow but really most of my connections were made long distance to BBS's across the country Wink

Oh the days of ColorBBS and the like with support for ANSI color graphics Shit-Eating Grin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Free Windows games