DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
NEW! DOSGames.com has been massively upgraded to v2.0 with TONS of new features!
Check out the new design and dozens of new features including online play!

2 routers

pedersencato

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 6:29 pm     Post subject: 2 routers Reply with quote

OK, here's the situation:
I have 2 routers that I need connected to each other as one network. my first router is a DLink DI-604 (1wan port, 4lan ports) it's connected to the internet. My second is a DLink DI-524(1wan, 4lan, Wirless). I cannot get the second router to access the internet or the computer on the first router, it only sees the wired computer and wireless laptop. I need to know what ports I connect (i've heard both lan1->wan and lan1 ->lan1) and what kind of cable do I use between the 2. Thanks in advance. You guys are always so much help.
pedersencato

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 6:52 pm     Post subject: NEVERMIND Reply with quote

OK, Some More Work On It Finally got it. And, foranyone trying to figure this out for themselves:
The second router has DHCP disabled(basically creating a swith) and the *PATCH* cable is connected between the 1st lan port of both routers. on the first router the DHCP assigns the second router and every system in the network an ip. In the lan settings of the second router the IP set matches DHCP assigned IP or you'll get a conflict.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1