DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
NEW! DOSGames.com has been massively upgraded to v2.0 with TONS of new features!
Check out the new design and dozens of new features including online play!

plz tell me that this is not true

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Media, Entertainment, & Music
julie124
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:56 am     Post subject: plz tell me that this is not true Reply with quote

that shit is ugly.

that not th enew revolution is it? i got it off a site it said it was but iunno:S
Dosser
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:05 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that is half a revolution controller (as far as I remember, there is a 'joystick' for the other hand). I think it is wireless, can be turned on it's side for emulation of SNES / NES cames, and vibrates (has been labelled a sex toy).

I think it looks good. At the very least, lets keep an open mind. The people who have used it said it was extremely comfortable, and motion sensing made a lot of sense for the games that were played. It was nintendo responsible for the last 'controller revolution' (I think the N64 was the first ergonomic shaped thing with thumbsticks), and this thing has some great features in it.
Moo
Gaming God
Gaming God

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:33 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

I have also heard that that is only half a controller. That's interesting that it can be turned sideways for nes and snes emulation games. I had never even though about that. You can't blame Nintendo for trying something new. You have to take a chance sometimes. Nintendo has it share of screwing up, such as the Virtual Boy ( I have 2 and love them to death but the general public didn't seem to like to much, and successes such as the DS (two screens on a portable AND one of them is touch sensative, completely unheard of before the DS). They probably know what they are doing, they do have designers and researchers.
julie124
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:33 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it was just weird to first see, either way I will be getting a revolution, thats not going to be the name i heard it was just a code name, and their coming up with something new for it
Moo
Gaming God
Gaming God

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:29 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

That is quite possible. I'm pretty sure the code name for the Gamecube was Project Dolphin.
julie124
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:37 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

hahah project dolphin, where did that come from? why dolphin?
Dosser
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:47 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it matters what the name is, it will be nintendo's revolution Shit-Eating Grin

They dropped out of the market since the N64, their consoles have seemed to get less attention each year. If this works, they will be back in the market. If it fails I doubt nintendo will exist much longer (or at the very least, will only exist due to game boy).

They have some great new ideas and are redoing a few old ideas (I can't believe it is backwards compatible, such a thing is just unheard of among consoles). Whether the console is called 'revolution' or not, that's what it is.
julie124
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:35 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

backward compatible awesome!!! dude it gets better and better@!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Media, Entertainment, & Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1