plz tell me that this is not true

A forum for discussing television, movies, pop culture, celebrities, rock bands, and anything else along those lines.
julie124
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

plz tell me that this is not true

Post by julie124 »

that shit is ugly.

that not th enew revolution is it? i got it off a site it said it was but iunno:S
Dosser
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Dosser »

I think that is half a revolution controller (as far as I remember, there is a 'joystick' for the other hand). I think it is wireless, can be turned on it's side for emulation of SNES / NES cames, and vibrates (has been labelled a sex toy).

I think it looks good. At the very least, lets keep an open mind. The people who have used it said it was extremely comfortable, and motion sensing made a lot of sense for the games that were played. It was nintendo responsible for the last 'controller revolution' (I think the N64 was the first ergonomic shaped thing with thumbsticks), and this thing has some great features in it.
Moo
Gaming God
Gaming God

Post by Moo »

I have also heard that that is only half a controller. That's interesting that it can be turned sideways for nes and snes emulation games. I had never even though about that. You can't blame Nintendo for trying something new. You have to take a chance sometimes. Nintendo has it share of screwing up, such as the Virtual Boy ( I have 2 and love them to death but the general public didn't seem to like to much, and successes such as the DS (two screens on a portable AND one of them is touch sensative, completely unheard of before the DS). They probably know what they are doing, they do have designers and researchers.
julie124
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by julie124 »

I guess it was just weird to first see, either way I will be getting a revolution, thats not going to be the name i heard it was just a code name, and their coming up with something new for it
Moo
Gaming God
Gaming God

Post by Moo »

That is quite possible. I'm pretty sure the code name for the Gamecube was Project Dolphin.
julie124
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by julie124 »

hahah project dolphin, where did that come from? why dolphin?
Dosser
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Dosser »

I don't think it matters what the name is, it will be nintendo's revolution :D

They dropped out of the market since the N64, their consoles have seemed to get less attention each year. If this works, they will be back in the market. If it fails I doubt nintendo will exist much longer (or at the very least, will only exist due to game boy).

They have some great new ideas and are redoing a few old ideas (I can't believe it is backwards compatible, such a thing is just unheard of among consoles). Whether the console is called 'revolution' or not, that's what it is.
julie124
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by julie124 »

backward compatible awesome!!! dude it gets better and better@!