DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

+ Indiana Jones & fate of atlantis

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Get Games to Work
Oz
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 5:22 pm     Post subject: + Indiana Jones & fate of atlantis Reply with quote

ok, right now i'm really pissed. indy is one of my favourite games but i haven't been able to play the voice thingy with it since 1999. and it's one of my favourite games. i've been trying again recently, but none of the 2,000 different combinations of settings work, and none of the patches work. how do i get it to work on win ME? i dual boot with XP, could that cause a problem? i just have a generic sound card, it's nothing special. please help! i'm gonna try that bootdisk, but my dad has the password to the computer, and he's got 6 hours of work to do and it's 10 pm. over here and he needs to go to london tomorrow to talk to some people at the royal society, you know, in all the famous movies, that double-decker aphitheater type place, yeah that's the one. this could affect us seriously. i saw a thread a few months ago concerning dos games in ME, and procerus gave a link to a website which said a lot of experimental stuff. i don't want to have to do anything like that! please help.
Laoghaire

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 6:57 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Doh, nm just saw that VDMSound doesn't work in ME. Ashamed
Colorfinger

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 2:34 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Try using ScummVM - which you can find through Google. That runs a lot of old Lucasarts adventure games including the Indy games.

It's a seperate handler for the adventure data, so you direct it to where the game's data is stored, then use it instead of using the original game launcher.
Oz
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 1:39 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, i just found scummVM today. you can find it at http://www.scummvm.org it's fantastic.
Amro
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 11:56 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

but you lose your saves.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Get Games to Work All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Free Windows games