Pop 4D stuck!

Ask for help with playing games, or post your own tips and strategies.
GameMaster.EXE
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by GameMaster.EXE »

I'm stuck at level 11. Anybody find a way out?

Also, about that guard in level 1 guarding the exit door. I guess Kirill altered more than one .dat file. I wonder how I could get that guard into Roomshaker's files so I can use that guard in my own POP game. Did he make that guard from raw programming or did he use PrinceEdit to create that guard? Whatever he did, that guard freaks me out. Theres a whole bunch of them in level 11!
JKSM
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by JKSM »

not stuck! wrote:ok, i admit it, i enjoyed it too, this thread i mean.
But discussing pop1 on nintendo, or what on earth is win2k?! i cannot follow, i mean i only play games on my pc and only recently have i discovered both dosgames forum (trying to find a way to finish pop4 ofcourse) and dosgames. I have played mostly adventure and rpg games on my pc, mostly recent games.
I only mentioned the super nintendo POP version in case you felt like trying it out. Perhaps you didn't know that you could play the old console games on PC nowadays with pure software instead of going into your storeroom to dig up your old game console hardware to connect to the TV.
As for indepth and technical stuff jk, well i'm just a gamer, the rest might very well be written in chinese for all i understand :P
I'm not into technical stuff as well. ;) Just for information, did you know that you could get POP1 in other languages like Arabic, Hebrew, Polish, Dutch & French if you don't like English? :P For the Freeprince project currently in development (game rewritten innew code based on POP with the intention of making it freeware), there might be more languages available. Lanuguage may not be a barrier. :P
GameMaster.EXE wrote:about that guard in level 1 guarding the exit door. I guess Kirill altered more than one .dat file. I wonder how I could get that guard into Roomshaker's files so I can use that guard in my own POP game. Did he make that guard from raw programming or did he use PrinceEdit to create that guard? Whatever he did, that guard freaks me out. Theres a whole bunch of them in level 11!
You could try using Princed Resources Editor to see whether you can edit the gurad. I haven't tried much of the editor only tried extracting background objects. Quite interesting. I haven't figured how to piece them back if you were to edit them. Editing different graphics should be possible. That how others come up with different POP mods.
GameMaster.EXE
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by GameMaster.EXE »

Who knows how to get through level 11?
sfe

Post by sfe »

ok i just made third lvl if u want help just ask me... its izi :)
JKSM
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by JKSM »

sfe wrote:ok i just made third lvl if u want help just ask me... its izi :)
If you can help on how to finish level 3, feel free to post.

The author of this thread and others still need help on it, they skipped level 3. See below:
Oh so very stuck! wrote:i m playing POP 4D and im seriously stuck at level 3.
oh so very stuck! wrote:I am not stuck trying to get the sword... i did not go down there because i got the sword from level 1, and i realized after i tried to get one from level 3 that there is no way back.
Actually after the door that leads to the exit stays by crashing the floorboards one has to go to the leftmost side of the screen and try from there to climb up, in order to get back to the first screen. I did pass the ledge with the biting thingy to the leftmost ledge and tried to climb up and try a running jump to the next ledge but it is not possible because the ledge from which i have to jump is not long enough.... therefore the plea for a flying cheat.... :P
GameMaster.EXE wrote:I was looking for one myself. I'm stuck at level 3. I don't think anybody made a POP4D walkthrough......
sfe

Post by sfe »

there are three floorsomething which opens doors and on two of them u can throw peaces of floor abow..if u make this u have clear way back to exit door..thats how u can make it.. there is no need to make impossible jumps or so...
hope its understandable ;)
just check ur pictures which u paste before..and check the floorsteps which pens doors..
ok gl hf.. ;)
btw lvl 8 9 10 are same like in normal prince??
sfe

Post by sfe »

wow i cant make 11lvl there will be some little stuff i couldnt find.. dont know how to open exit door... someone figured it out?
if anyone has map of that lvl.. it will be izi than with it...;)
JKSM
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by JKSM »

Thanks sfe for the tip. I'm sure those who wanted to know would appreciate it. :)
sfe wrote:if anyone has map of that lvl.. it will be izi than with it...;)
Read this post and scroll down the page in the link. That's the best to a map can get because only PV2.5 could open it. You have to guess what the symbols are. ;)
GameMaster.EXE
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by GameMaster.EXE »

sfe wrote: btw lvl 8 9 10 are same like in normal prince??
yes, lvl 12 too. Kirill was too lazy to remake them.

it's nice to see the pop4d stuck forum revived!
sfe

Post by sfe »

;)
ok actually that map of lvl11 pretty sux ;) i cant find anything there :)
Did anyone made that lvl??
Yea prince is great game... i will never forget the first days with fathers notebook and prince... ;D
Now its my nb and prince again ;)
GameMaster.EXE
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by GameMaster.EXE »

stick around, I'm making POP5D. Once I'm finished, I could e-mail it to you if your interested.
sfe

Post by sfe »

GameMaster.EXE wrote:stick around, I'm making POP5D. Once I'm finished, I could e-mail it to you if your interested.
yea... sure iam interested.. when it will be?? ;) iam looking forward ;)
JKSM
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by JKSM »

sfe wrote:;)
ok actually that map of lvl11 pretty sux ;) i cant find anything there :)
Yeah, I know that. :P Too bad, that's no other way to get a map unless you can find someone who had completed POP4D and is crazy enough over it to do up a proper map.

In the meantime, if you want you can play POP mods or edited levels from here while waiting for GameMaster to finish his created levels.
GameMaster.EXE
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by GameMaster.EXE »

working on level 4 right now. ;)
Robin__1984

Post by Robin__1984 »

I finished level's 1,2,3,4,5,6 and after dying in lvl 7 decided to stop for now.
If anyone needs any help in the first few levels or would like to see a walkthrough I will be happy to make one.

edit: I just found a way to get the extra-life potion in lvl 2! (Don't know if people allready knew how to get this one and still be able to finish the level!)
Robin__1984

Post by Robin__1984 »

Now also stuck at Lvl 11, guess no-one found the door switch either?
on the edge

help??

Post by on the edge »

i don't know if this post is still alive but here goes...

i recently downloaded POP and completed it in a few hours and then downloaded POP4d.
After several days i got up to level 10 (without cheats because i tried and they don't work) and when ever i complete the level it displays an error message saying "please insert POP disk into drive".

This the first time that it has displayed this and i have no other errors with POP4d. i was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.
JKSM
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Re: help??

Post by JKSM »

on the edge wrote:i recently downloaded POP and completed it in a few hours and then downloaded POP4d.
After several days i got up to level 10 (without cheats because i tried and they don't work) and when ever i complete the level it displays an error message saying "please insert POP disk into drive".
That's is a normal error that everyone would get with PO4D unless you have the patched version. See post 2 of this thread for the solution.
on the edge

ok

Post by on the edge »

thanks found the link ok but level 11 is weird lol

dosn't seen to be a level switch so i had a look at the kirill level file and found that the link used to open the exit door had been set wrong. lol

i only have limited knowledge of princed v2.5 so instead of changing the link i moved the door (one space to the right), and now the game is fully playable without the need for cheats woooooo!!!

if any one is interested in the fix then e-mail me at [email protected] and i will send you the new file, and i made some levels myself if any would would like to try them( they may still have faults and i only changed lvls 1-6)

thanks again
on the edge

WOOO!!! Finished it at last

Post by on the edge »

YAY i finially finished POP4D (see prevoius post) with no cheats and saves.
if any on is interested my finsh time was

53mins 35seconds (6mins 25seconds remaining)

its not that good and i am working on a better time

ill probably post if i improve lol