DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for old game - One of the first I ever played.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Find Old Games
lak_sleepwalker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 3:57 pm     Post subject: Looking for old game - One of the first I ever played. Reply with quote

It was a stationary screen - sort of like missle command - but there weren't really any graphics. The background was all black (if I remember correctly). There were two spots on opposite ends of the screen where two players could launch missles (they weren't actually missles, just an arcing line) at eachother. It was turn based and each player was supposed to enter a few numbers to aim where the shot would go. Each shot responded to gravity and, depending on the numbers you put in, would eventually arc back down toward the ground (and your opponent). Your shots could go off screen and come back on the other side.
John The Ax

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 4:37 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, sounds like an archaic Gorillas!. You can get the game from QBasic.com and chances are you have QBasic somewhere on your computer. There are many clones of that game floating around, with the same gameplay and better graphics.
Kazer0
Mercenary Dishwasher

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 4:49 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

or tank wars or scorched earth.
John The Ax

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 7:50 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, there's SO many options, it'll be easy to find a clone. However, if you want the SPECIFIC game, you're going to have a hard time, it'll be almost impossible.
Da_Goat

Location: Prescott, Arizona, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, The Universe, Nothing and Nowhere.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 8:06 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

.........unless you give us more clues......yeah, we're waiting....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Find Old Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Free Windows games