I have Dial-up 56k and I hate it!

Want to talk about your hardware setup? Brag about your super-machine's layout? Pretend you know a lot about computers? You can do all that and more in this forum.
Eugene Esterly III
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Eugene Esterly III »

The_Sinister_Mastermind wrote:Well like I said in the other thread. For years I suffered like you with dial up, and hey you should be pleased yours is giving you 28.1, my download speed was 3-6k. It seriously sucked. Now my downloads start at 600k but they quickly slow down to about 30k.
I don't think that GameMaster.EXE meant that 28.1 was his download speed, I think he meant that 28.1 was his connection speed.

My connection is 28.8K but I have a 56K modem. My download speed on average is between 1-3.5 K.
The_Sinister_Mastermind
<font color=red><b>Overlord</b></font>

Post by The_Sinister_Mastermind »

Yeah good point. Well with any luck the broadband companies will remember you soon. This is mybroadband story. 2 years ago I rang up my phone company Telstra (Who happen to own all the lines everywhere down here). And asked if I could be connected to braodband, they told me sorry it's currently not avalible in my area. Now this was somewhat confusing to me, as my friend who lives in the next street was already connected to Telstra braodband. It took 2 years of abusive phone calls from me for them to finally admit they can give me braodband and finally connect me.
<center>I am the master, fear none but me. I am the master of all that will be... Image

Are you looking for Z? - DOSBox & D-Fend Guide! - I’m looking for 4 games!
Best Of Windows Entertainment Package

DOSgames IRC is back! now with DOS Trivia!
Server: irc.p2p-network.net
Channel: #DOSgames
For mIRC users: irc://irc.p2p-network.net/DOSgames

Please don’t PM me every time you can’t find a game, I really don’t have time to logon to the site that often let alone be your personal assistant.
Just use the “Finding Old Games” subforum like everyone else.</center>
GameMaster.EXE
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by GameMaster.EXE »

28.1k was the slowest speed I got out of my modem. Right now its giving me 50.6k connection speed. The most I ever got out of it was 52k.
Eugene Esterly III
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Eugene Esterly III »

I now that this thread is old but I was going thru my old posts & I wanted to bring this up.

I am getting broadband next week from Service Electric Cable TV. They are coming out next Thursday between 12:30 PM EST & 4:30 PM EST.

Now this is great but this broadband is one-way only (this is all we can get in Upper Macungie). Basically put, this means that I will connect to the NET using my telephone line but download thru the cable (the cable will give me broadband).
wadeo999
Expert
Expert

TELSTRA!

Post by wadeo999 »

australias main broadband company is Telstra's Bigpond, telstra is the australia wide telephone service . It is the most un-reliable and expenisve broadband and cable services but they are most trusted for some reason. studies have prven that aussie has the slowest broadband internet in the world.

i used 48.8 dial up seince 1997-2006, but ive had broadband for about 6 months now.
256k, unlimited dwnloads, $30 aus a month half price.