DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
NEW! DOSGames.com has been massively upgraded to v2.0 with TONS of new features!
Check out the new design and dozens of new features including online play!

Master Of Orion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Game Reviews
Gamer_V
Gaming God
Gaming God

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:32 am     Post subject: Master Of Orion Reply with quote

This is a review of Master Of Orion, An old micropose game.

The target of the game is to rule the galaxy. this can be achieved by destrying your enemy, get elected as president or finding and conquering Orion. Hence the title. You begin by selecting your species... in my case, human, but I'm not sure for all of you. Sarcastic

In the main screen you see a map of the galaxy. You see a small dot and, voila, it's your planet. You can chose in what way to use your resources, like building a fleet. You can design the ships yourself. Either that or diplomacy are really the core of the game. Or use your resources to expand the planet, which eventually gives more resources, or research better weapons... Important is to stay powerfull and populair...

Graphics are quite good. The main starmap is a bit full, but still looks pretty good, and the small cutscenes, like landing on an undiscovered planet, are quite nice. I remember sound being nice, nothing extraordinary, but I didn't hear it this time.

Overall, it's a really nice game, which has a very high replay value, since your galaxy is different everytime.

Gameplay = 80
Graphics = 70
Replay = 75
Overall = 78,3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Game Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1