DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

E-Mail address

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Discussion Forum Trouble Reports
The_Duke

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 7:35 pm     Post subject: E-Mail address Reply with quote

I don't have a email address. I attempted to sign up using a fake email address, and apparently that doesn't work. My parents won't let me have a email address, so I don't have one. Since a email is out of the question, please tell me if you can fix it so I can sign up without it. I hope you can, because I would enjoy being a member of this great forum. Thanks.
Kazer0
Mercenary Dishwasher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 7:49 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

How did u end up douing it, it says u joined.
wardrich
"Some Troll"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 8:14 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

use the main one (that came with your ISP). The only e-mail you get is one to activate your account. After that, it is only used to retrieve passwords (i think)
John The Ax

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 8:17 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

wardrich
"Some Troll"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 8:20 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, that was what i was gonna say after
webmaster from hell

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 9:55 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Methinks he got registered using the fake one and found out it didnt work, cause it sends a email ya gotta follow the link on to activate the account so you can login.
wardrich
"Some Troll"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 10:13 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

um ya, we've already figured that out. Perhaps you should get another counter in your sig to count useless posts from the day you put up the counter. Happy
The_Duke

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 11:37 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Afraid I can't do that. My computer is set up so I can't delete my history, so that doesn't work. Crying Ahh gawd. Anyhow, maybe I can use Dogbreaths e-mail address to sign up, and then just change my password so he wouldn't know my password. If so, then somehow my screwed up member account "The Duke" has to be deleted so I can open a new account with the same name.
kenny
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 8:15 am     Post subject: Re: E-Mail address Reply with quote

The_Duke wrote:
I don't have a email address. I attempted to sign up using a fake email address, and apparently that doesn't work. My parents won't let me have a email address, so I don't have one. Since a email is out of the question, please tell me if you can fix it so I can sign up without it. I hope you can, because I would enjoy being a member of this great forum. Thanks.

hahhaa.... dude you're such a pussy! screw your parents! why shouldnt they let u have your own email?
dude you make ma laugh! Laughing Laughing Laughing Shit-Eating Grin Shit-Eating Grin Shit-Eating Grin Shit-Eating Grin

what a looser! Congratulatory

Da_Goat: Please refrain from flaming our members. Consider this your first warning.
John The Ax

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 2:48 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't register with the same email account that some one else has. Also, when you change it (I did when I got my hotmail) it closes your account and resends the confirmation email to the new address, so if it's fake, you can't sign up. And I said it before (or someone else did) to just use your main EMail address. Your @attbi.com one or something. Just delete the email when you get it, after clicking the link. It's not that hard.

Another idea: Sign up for hotmail from another computer, like a school one, then sign up for the forum. Then you don't have to worry about it again.
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 5:36 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Duke wrote:
Afraid I can't do that. My computer is set up so I can't delete my history, so that doesn't work. Crying Ahh gawd. Anyhow, maybe I can use Dogbreaths e-mail address to sign up, and then just change my password so he wouldn't know my password. If so, then somehow my screwed up member account "The Duke" has to be deleted so I can open a new account with the same name.

I'm sorry, but the board won't let you use my e-mail address to sign up. Even if it did, I would still refuse as the board would consider *you* to be *me* and send me all announcements/warnings that would otherwise be directed to you.

On the other hand, I could create an e-mail address for you to use so long as you would promise not to use it to make death-threats or whatnot that would allow the authorities to track it back to me.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 10:10 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogbreath wrote:

On the other hand, I could create an e-mail address for you to use so long as you would promise not to use it to make death-threats or whatnot that would allow the authorities to track it back to me.

LOL!! Laughing Laughing Jeez, thats funny. Anyhow, yeah I promise not to. And yeah you can go ahead and get me a address. Thanks. Then how do I get rid of the 'member' The Duke that was added when I attempted to sign up with a fake email? Its still there, and I cant make a new member with the same name.
kenny
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 7:19 am     Post subject: Re: E-Mail address Reply with quote

Da_Goat: Please refrain from flaming our members. Consider this your first warning.[/quote]

hihi ok i will... but his still weak in my eyes Laughing
Da_Goat

Location: Prescott, Arizona, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, The Universe, Nothing and Nowhere.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 11:28 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, yeah....I know Laughing
John The Ax

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 1:38 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

DB will delete the old sign-up with a fake email. Don't worry about it.
Bobo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 1:49 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Have one of the MODS sign them selves up and give you the password... Then Change it, because..... Shocked

You can *cough* trust the John the Ax....

He'll post it. Then you can change it. (set up a time for doing it. So WFH doesn't see it! Shit-Eating Grin )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Discussion Forum Trouble Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Free Windows games