DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Damn games -- please help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Game Help, Hints and Tips
Steppenwolf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:14 am     Post subject: Damn games -- please help Reply with quote

I just got an old Dell Latitude XPi PI120 with 8 mb of ram. So yeah, that's why I'm here at dosgames.com haha...I'm having problems though. I'm trying to play CHAMP Kong and if I run it in windows the graphics will be screwed up, as in the top is ok, I can read "Champ" and see donkey kong's head, but below the graphics are all lined out and messed up and I can't make anything out. Now, if I shut down to dos mode (win 95 by the way), and try to run the same thing it gives me an error that it can't find a file (the help file) which is right there in the directory.

I'm going to try using dosbox to run games while I'm still in windows but has anyone else had similar problems? Thanks.
Steppenwolf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:16 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

New development, dosbox wont run, gives me a "can't find msvcrt.dll" error.
dosraider
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:26 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

for starters:
dosbox on a win95 pc with 8mb ram isn't a good idea, dosbox is demanding stuff and i even doubt if dosbox can run properly on w95.
seconds:
with a 8 mbram i would advise you to wipe that win95 and properly install a pure dos OS,msdos 6.2,pcdos,freedos,.......choice's enough.
Then you will play dosgames the right way,win95 is even worst than win2K ,bad-bad-real bad dos support,
thirds:
When you shut down win95 and run in dos do you have a config.sys and a autoexec.bat suitable for dos?is your path set right?

If you have problems with what i write above you better install a full dos OS with maybee a little help......and you will have a (almost) perfect dosgame pc.
Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Game Help, Hints and Tips All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1