DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Forum is now 2.0.11 ... huzzah

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Announcements
emmzee
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:56 pm     Post subject: Forum is now 2.0.11 ... huzzah Reply with quote

After several false starts, the forum is now the newest (ie v2.0.11) of phpBB. This was done partly cuz of some errors that kept popping up, and partially because of a big security hole that was found in older versions recently.

Some stuff probably doesn't work quite right yet. I haven't really checked it out yet. I'm guessing some stuff like quick reply is gone, or partially gone ... I'll try to put it back now.

If you notice weirdness, please report it in this thread. Please don't email me about it, unless of course the forum goes down entirely Sarcastic In case anyones wondering the patch went fairly smoothly, although the .patch file didn't install cleanly and I had to manually replace a few files ... other than that it seemed to run okay ...
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:19 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick reply is working fine, apparently. (Though this is the first time I've used it)

Do you have a list of what this update changes, exactly?
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:40 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

here is the URL
http://www.phpbb.com/support/documents.php?mode=changelog#202

Too many Updates since.

I did post the list but it turned out to be 3 posts long Laughing
emmzee
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:51 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep Quick Reply seems to work okay. Unfortunately I lost the URL hack (so that the URLs won't be listed in search engines anymore). I'll have to see if there's a new one available for v2.0.11 ... new user registation was broken but now I think I fixed it. I also got rid of the under-13 coppa agreement screen. Hope that's it ... that's it for me for now anyways Wink
Joris
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:27 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Good work emmzee Congratulatory
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Free Windows games