Old game called PUNE

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
bbbeam

Old game called PUNE

Post by bbbeam »

I'm look for an old game called PUNE - it is best described as aTron like game with worms instead of lightbikes!

I found only one occurance of it on various Web searches
pune_v09.zip but the ftp server was no longer valid -

Thanks
bbbeam
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

you could perhaps email the company who made it and they may give you the game (If still existant)

I did look on the underdogs and nothing was there..

Provide the FTp addy for us
bbbeam

possible clues?

Post by bbbeam »

I can not remember the manufacturer - I only remember downloading the game and since I did not get any messages to buy it, I'll assume it was Freeware.

Here is the only site where I can find the game still mentioned..

http://home2.swipnet.se/~w-27553/arcade.html

Scroll down to "P" - "Pune"

a primary ftp and an alt1 are mentioned.

The primary ftp is ftp://mirror.aol.com/miro1/PHT/pub/game ... ne_v09.zip

click on it and it looks promising for an while, but eventually returns a file not found.

The alt1 address is http://archive.pht.com and just calls up a generic search page.

Thanks for the reply

BB
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

you could always try using an ftp program to get into that site

ftp://mirror.aol.com/miro1/PHT/pub
as it is public domain..
bbbeam

Thank You

Post by bbbeam »

Thanks. I've downloaded it, and as you mention -I'll try to get it to work in XP. Talk to you later
BBB
nickd

Pune

Post by nickd »

Well, I know the game...cause along with my buddy I wrote it in early 1995. I was actually inspired by an Amiga game "Dune" but of course that was influenced by Tron.

Glad to see someone still wants it. BTW, it's main use was an after drinking game when we all piled back to the flat in Edinburgh. It was born at 111a Lothian Road for anyone interested :)
nickd

Pune - not freeware or PD

Post by nickd »

Also, it wasn't PD or freeware. It was Shareware - I asked for 5 pounds or whatever else. Some people bought me alcohol by ordering it direct from my local bottle shop instead of sending me cash :)

The best was a guy in the Netherlands who got me a bottle of tequilla - but I was in Sydney Australia byu that time. He just called the other side of the world, gave his creid card and said "A guy will be in in a few days asking for some tequilla. Give him what he wants and charge me".

I sent him a version with modified 'tequilla worm' version :)

I haven't seen Pune run in years - I'm trying as wel speak but no luck yet. I still ahve the source code so maybe I'll try and do a Java network version - that was always my plan - it just didn't happen.
Alanius

Post by Alanius »

I can run it on XP with dosbox. Download it. It runs old games such as death rally too.

I'd like to clone pune in opengl. Just as an exercise.
fleur

Post by fleur »

Hey, a few years ago i always played pune. now a new computer and the game is gone. everywhere were i download it it stops right after: hardware not included... how come?
Catalonion

Post by Catalonion »

Hehe, I played Pune this summer on my old 486DX2 50 MHz, but that computer is trashed now so I don't have it anymore :-( I only had the shareware-version limited to two worms or something, but by hitting ESC I could start as many as I wanted ... something like that! :D
mag

whats the diffrence

Post by mag »

Appart from the fact that your a worm and not a lightbike whats the diffrence between pune and lightbikes just curious (couldnt get it workin). Thanks.

Post by Guest »

I played a LOT of pune back in the days with my 4 - 5 friends on a 486. I loved it. Best multiplayer game I ever played.
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Re: how to play

Post by wardrich »

El_oRe wrote:i know this post began a long time ago, but if anyone like me reads it about this time, its good to know that there's a linux version (i got it from ubuntu universe) that is called ZATACKA.. hope anyone reads this post and finds it helpful..
There are TONNNNNSSS of Tron clones. lol. GLTron and Armagetron were my faves.