DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WANTED: old dos game named top hat?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Find Old Games
louie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 6:30 am     Post subject: WANTED: old dos game named top hat? Reply with quote

Please help me find this game. It looks a bit like jumpman / jet set willy, but it had some oriental influences in it. You had to climb ladders to collect hats and when you collected all, you would go to the next level (a door would open / appear?). In level 2 there was a knife throwing man (like in the circus) and in later levels fat chinese blokes blowing bubbles you had to jump on to get higher. The colors of the game were magenta and pink, and I thought you had to type tophat.exe to start it. Does this ring a bell - ANYONE???? Please help me find it.
wardrich
"Some Troll"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 10:22 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The colors of the game were magenta and pink

hummm primitive (CGA) graphix

Quote:
had to type tophat.exe to start it

Pre-windows...

hummm. I dont know what this game is, but if you search a certain abandnware site that is also the home of an underdogs organization, there's a chance you might find it.

Richard
louie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 1:48 pm     Post subject: FOUND IT Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for your clues. It turned out to be called big top - an ace game for the 80's!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Find Old Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Free Windows games