DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Scanner Problems ... Details Inside
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Cyber Ghost

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 7:49 pm     Post subject: Scanner Problems ... Details Inside Reply with quote

Ok, first off I have a IBM 110 Flatbed Scanner Which Is a Couple Of Years Old But It Works Fine On My Windows 98 Computer But When I Installed The Drivers And Plugged It In, It Will Only Sometimes Correctly Scan. Other Times I Get A Loud BEEP! And Then My Computer Restarts And Tells Me That It Is Recovering From A Serious Error.Confuzzled Any Help Would Be Greatly Appreshed!

Thanks For now I'll Be Running Like A chicken With It Head Cut Off. A Frikkin Cuccoan (cept this one has a head)
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:59 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

waaaaittttttttttt are you saying it doesnt work in windoze XP?

probably new drivers need installing
Interon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 11:01 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Get a new parallel cable (IEEE 1284 or whatever). Or if it's USB, get another USB cable.
wardrich
"Some Troll"

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 2:13 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds a bit like a driver problem.

Right click MY COMPUTER and choose PROPERTIES.
click HARDWARE, then the DEVICE MANAGER button.

any thing that shows up looking like a question mark is a problem. Search the website of the manufacturer of your scanner and download the latest drivers.

-Richard-
Cyber Ghost

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:18 pm     Post subject: Um... ONly one question mark device Reply with quote

There is only one question mark device and that is an unknown device..I don't see my scanner there anywhere should it be there?
Cyber Ghost

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:21 pm     Post subject: Um... ONly one question mark device Reply with quote

There is only one question mark device and that is an unknown device..I don't see my scanner there anywhere should it be there?
Cyber Ghost

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:21 pm     Post subject: sry double post Reply with quote

Sorry 'bout that double post
Interon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:53 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm about 80% sure that's not it.
Cyber Ghost

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 10:17 am     Post subject: newer Drivers? Reply with quote

Should I Check For Newer Driver...I Doubt that they'll have any but I will check
Interon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 10:21 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes
Cyber Ghost

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 10:22 am     Post subject: Ok thanks Reply with quote

I'm trying to find the IBM driver update page
Cyber Ghost

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 10:25 am     Post subject: Can't Find The Site Reply with quote

I can't find and updates on the site.
Interon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 10:37 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at the FRU number and the P/N number (usually a sticker found somewhere on the scanner).

Looks something like 6560-79M. Post the FRU and P/N (and serial number if present) here.
Cyber Ghost

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 10:49 am     Post subject: Fru / pin? Reply with quote

Machine Type = 0275-011
FRU = 10L7472
Part Number = 33L4948
Cyber Ghost

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 10:50 am     Post subject: That All I Found Reply with quote

The Serial Number/PIN wasn't there
It might me in the product manual
Interon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 10:53 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Click below for the driver:

http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=0&q1=0275-011&uid=psg1MIGR-4793QC&loc=en_US&cs=utf-8&cc=us&lang=en
Cyber Ghost

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 10:57 am     Post subject: Thanks I'm Gonna.... Reply with quote

Thanks I'm Gonna Try Scanning Something brb
Cyber Ghost

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 11:36 am     Post subject: Umm now what Reply with quote

I installed the drivers then it said...
'To improve scanner preformance, set the parallel port of your computer to Enhanced Parallel Port (EPP) mode.'
Now What? Confuzzled
Interon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 3:03 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Chances are, your parallel port is already set to EPP (if it is not, you may need to change it to EPP in your BIOS).

Try scanning anyway to see what happens. If it fails, you may need to change BIOS settings (you can't normally do that from Windows).
Cyber Ghost

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 3:20 pm     Post subject: Scan Good Reply with quote

It Scanned with out errors but then sometimes it did before. If I have any more troubles I'll just start another thread. Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Free Windows games