DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HELP!!! [Printer/scanner on Windows XP]

GAMER
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:45 pm     Post subject: HELP!!! [Printer/scanner on Windows XP] Reply with quote

My friends computer was running on '98 and worked slowly, but fine. Then one of my mates installed XP Home Edition on it and now it says her printer and scanner are incompatable. Her family has tried re-installing the scanner and printer but it hasn't worked. Also, there is a file on their computer that they REALLY need to print but cant. They cant just save the file to disc coz it's in Lotus (?). Is there a way to remove XP from their computer? Quickly?

Cool GAMER

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:50 pm     Post subject: Re: HELP!!! Reply with quote

GAMER wrote:
My friends computer was running on '98 and worked slowly, but fine. Then one of my mates installed XP Home Edition on it and now it says her printer and scanner are incompatable. Her family has tried re-installing the scanner and printer but it hasn't worked. Also, there is a file on their computer that they REALLY need to print but cant. They cant just save the file to disc coz it's in Lotus (?). Is there a way to remove XP from their computer? Quickly?

Cool GAMER

Uhhhh, FORMAT?
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:55 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

wait gamer try going into driver guide for more upto date drivers.
www.driverguide.com
GAMER
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:47 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

HUH?? Confuzzled

Cool GAMER
jmmijo
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:33 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what Wally was trying to say is to go to the link and see if there is an updated device driver for both their scanner and printer.

I do have to say that if it's a Canon printer, some of them do not have proper XP drivers. However if these are both made by HP then you should have proper support for them from either this place or even go to HP's website directly Wink
Kazer0
Mercenary Dishwasher

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 2:05 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Wally you noob. Never use driverguide for updated drivers, you only use it when you can't find drivers for noname hardware.

tell them to download the software bundle from the Makers site.
mstevm@yahoo.com

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:13 am     Post subject: Re: HELP!!! Reply with quote

Anyone know where I can download a free copy of the game Lotus (cars that follow each other round courses, tracks e.t.c.) Must have been developed by Accolade or Lotus some time like forever ago. Uses Dos. Let me know where; email mstevm@yahoo.com.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:50 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

i NEED TO KNOW WHAT AN ASR AND TB STAND FOR AND MEAN qUICKLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Crying Amazed

please
THANX A TON AND A HALF
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Free Windows games