DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
NEW! DOSGames.com has been massively upgraded to v2.0 with TONS of new features!
Check out the new design and dozens of new features including online play!

ped xing by typosoft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Game Reviews
barok

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 7:43 pm     Post subject: ped xing by typosoft Reply with quote

graphics: 10/10 no detail was left out. the particle engine was wonderfully done, able to emulate rain, sparks, leaves, and more. The game has reflections, and the sprites were beatifully pixeled. perhaps one of the greatest things about this game was the portraits: each character has several portraits. the portraits often help tell what the character is feeling at times.

story: 9/10 a great story it is! ped xing, a wizards apprentice is sent to the land of the west to help save it. he later find on he has to help find 5 pieces of a scroll with the power to save the land. It may not sound like much of a story, but it's all the little things that really count. ped xing is witty, and smart mouthed. many samurai's are often arrogant and cocky. plus the humour! the game in no way forces the humour. it's all natural and realistic. for example:

samurai: "*hick* you want a piece of me?"

ped xing: "yeah! you and me, in the courtyard 10 minutes from now. be there in your underwear!"

samurai: "your on! *hick*"

or something like this:

old woman: "i yearn for the days in the emperors bed..."

ped xing: "please lady, spare me the gory details."

i rest my case.

music/sounds: 9/10 typosoft went through alot of trouble with this. almost everything, from the animals to items had a sound effect. you could hear roosters crowing, ped xing saying, "yeah!" when he found items, ped xing dying (quite funny), weapons and magic. as for music, it was so catchy that i was whistling it for hours after i finished playing. that stuff rivaled anything squaresoft came out with. seriously, the sounds are awesome.

gameplay: 8/10 what's there to know? arrow keys to move, space bar to summon and alt to use the current spell. simple enough. my only complaint is that when casting a spell, it takes too much time. to talk to people you rub against them.

overall: 8/10 it's a great game, coded in qbasic! (surprise!) check it out. you'll love it as much as i do. it rivals many software games.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 12:11 am     Post subject: Re: ped xing by typosoft Reply with quote

barok wrote:
graphics: 10/10 no detail was left out. the particle engine was wonderfully done, able to emulate rain, sparks, leaves, and more. The game has reflections, and the sprites were beatifully pixeled. perhaps one of the greatest things about this game was the portraits: each character has several portraits. the portraits often help tell what the character is feeling at times.

story: 9/10 a great story it is! ped xing, a wizards apprentice is sent to the land of the west to help save it. he later find on he has to help find 5 pieces of a scroll with the power to save the land. It may not sound like much of a story, but it's all the little things that really count. ped xing is witty, and smart mouthed. many samurai's are often arrogant and cocky. plus the humour! the game in no way forces the humour. it's all natural and realistic. for example:

samurai: "*hick* you want a piece of me?"

ped xing: "yeah! you and me, in the courtyard 10 minutes from now. be there in your underwear!"

samurai: "your on! *hick*"

or something like this:

old woman: "i yearn for the days in the emperors bed..."

ped xing: "please lady, spare me the gory details."

i rest my case.

music/sounds: 9/10 typosoft went through alot of trouble with this. almost everything, from the animals to items had a sound effect. you could hear roosters crowing, ped xing saying, "yeah!" when he found items, ped xing dying (quite funny), weapons and magic. as for music, it was so catchy that i was whistling it for hours after i finished playing. that stuff rivaled anything squaresoft came out with. seriously, the sounds are awesome.

gameplay: 8/10 what's there to know? arrow keys to move, space bar to summon and alt to use the current spell. simple enough. my only complaint is that when casting a spell, it takes too much time. to talk to people you rub against them.

overall: 8/10 it's a great game, coded in qbasic! (surprise!) check it out. you'll love it as much as i do. it rivals many software games.
Interon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:37 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... Guest, would you mind telling why you just did that? Did you do it for fun?
Joris
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 1:08 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought you left here or did I missed something.. Confuzzled
x86_Game-Junkie
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 1:44 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

I played the demo to that game the other day...I have to say it has been one of the best games I have played in ages!!
Ro@m
Hamachi Guardian

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:48 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah you say it!!! Shit-Eating Grin
Interon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:13 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I was gone for about a month. Just came back last night (don't know for how long, though).
Ro@m
Hamachi Guardian

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:07 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

are you still at the Dos Vault Forum JMS?
Interon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:47 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been about a week since I posted there. I keep forgetting about the place. I'll go there now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Game Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1