DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
NEW! DOSGames.com has been massively upgraded to v2.0 with TONS of new features!
Check out the new design and dozens of new features including online play!

Dos Instalation!!!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> General Gaming
Ro@m
Hamachi Guardian

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 1:35 pm     Post subject: Dos Instalation!!!!!!! Reply with quote

Hey,i have got dos 6.22 on a cd and cant install it on my computer!
it says i have to put a floppy in A: drive,i put it in and after some time it says that the disk has an error!!what now? Crying Crying Crying
Interon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 1:45 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess MS-DOS 6.22 assumes that it is on floppies. You may need the MS-DOS 6.22 original diskettes.

However, here's a temporary fix:

Do the install again, and when it asks you for disk 2, just take the CD out and reboot the computer. The basic system files should be there and you should be able to run MS-DOS 6.22. (You'll be missing some external utilities but more than likely you won't need them).
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 6:18 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

try using your CD drive letter instead of A: for install

Or either put it on floppies! but that is asking to much
Ro@m
Hamachi Guardian

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:05 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

JMS wrote:
I guess MS-DOS 6.22 assumes that it is on floppies. You may need the MS-DOS 6.22 original diskettes.

However, here's a temporary fix:

Do the install again, and when it asks you for disk 2, just take the CD out and reboot the computer. The basic system files should be there and you should be able to run MS-DOS 6.22. (You'll be missing some external utilities but more than likely you won't need them).

Well i dinn't explain well,it says to insert a UNINSTAL floppy,so i do and after some time it says the disk inserts a eror!(note: the BIG floppy's)
Interon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 11:14 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you're using a 1.2 MB floppy in a 360 KB drive. A 1.2 MB floppy fits in a 360 KB drive but it will not work because of density.

Or the floppy is not formatted. Back in the old time, floppies were sold unformatted. Try running a FORMAT A: command on that floppy if there is nothing on it you want to keep.

Try using a normal 3.5" 1.44 MB drive if you can. Do you have more than one big floppy? Try another one to see if that helps.

And if all that does not help, you may need to backup what you got and format that hard drive so MS-DOS 6.22 will not ask for an uninstall disk. The main reason Setup asks for an uninstall disk is to backup the old DOS. If there is no DOS on that system before setup, there is no need for an uninstall disk.

Hope all this helps.
Ro@m
Hamachi Guardian

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 2:00 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

JMS wrote:

Or the floppy is not formatted. Back in the old time, floppies were sold unformatted. Try running a FORMAT A: command on that floppy if there is nothing on it you want to keep.

i have formated it already
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 4:39 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

how are you trying to install this ?. Through Dos or win?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1