DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
NEW! DOSGames.com has been massively upgraded to v2.0 with TONS of new features!
Check out the new design and dozens of new features including online play!

Childhood game about Squirrels?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Find Old Games
Fjums10

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:14 pm     Post subject: Childhood game about Squirrels? Reply with quote

Hello.

I have cloudy memories of a game i used to play at school during lunchbreaks.

The gameplay was platformer with some shooter mechanics thrown in, it might gave been a gun, but it was at least a weapon of some kind.

As far as i remember you play as a Squirrel wearing a headband.
I'm fairly sure you also had the option to play as different characters.

All i remember is some sort of cutscene, and then the beginning of the first level.

The level was a forest level, where you would jump from treebranch to treebranch clearing the stage of enemies.

Now, i know what you're thinking, but i'm certain that it isnt Jazz Jackrabbit nor is it Zero the kamikaze squirrel, since i played this on a PC back in the day. Also the version i played, might have been a shareware one. Hence me only remembering the first level....

Hope you guys might be able to help me out Shifty Sad
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:00 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.mobygames.com/game/jazz-jackrabbit or sequels (The 3d one) even

https://www.mobygames.com/game/toxic-bunny

Or something else on this list:

https://www.mobygames.com/game-group/animals-rabbits-hares

Or this one
https://www.mobygames.com/game-group/animals-squirrels
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:41 am     Post subject: Re: Childhood game about Squirrels? Reply with quote

Fjums10 wrote:

Since you haven't disclosed your age it is not possible for us to know when that was, which significantly broadens the range of years and platforms/systems your game might have been released in/on.

Fjums10 wrote:
As far as i remember you play as a Squirrel wearing a headband.
I'm fairly sure you also had the option to play as different characters.

The Skunny series is about a squirrel.

However there's also a character called The Flying Squirrel in another shareware game, Heroes: The Sanguine Seven.

Fjums10 wrote:
The level was a forest level, where you would jump from treebranch to treebranch clearing the stage of enemies.

The first level of Skunny: Back to the Forest doesn't feature jumping from tree branch to another. There's jumping around tree branches in yet another shareware game, Guimo, but it's about a green alien completely unlike a squirrel.

The MobyGames list of games with squirrels doesn't mention anything interesting for the PC platform from the shareware era (early to mid 90s) apart from Skunny.
Fjums10

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:22 am     Post subject: Re: Childhood game about Squirrels? Reply with quote

[quote="MrFlibble"]
Fjums10 wrote:

Since you haven't disclosed your age it is not possible for us to know when that was, which significantly broadens the range of years and platforms/systems your game might have been released in/on.

I'm born 1999, and i think i played the game when i was around 6-7 years old. Meaning i played the game around the year 2005-2006. But i'm fairly sure the game is older than that!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Find Old Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1