Futuristic (combat?) Racing Game for Windows around 2000

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
bluebird510

Futuristic (combat?) Racing Game for Windows around 2000

Post by bluebird510 »

The game was on windows, I do believe I played it on windows 95, around the years 2000-2003. Most likely the game was released somewhere between 1995-2000.
It was a futuristic 3D racing game with hovering vehicles. I am not sure but I think it included weapons and powerups. Might have included something similar to gas stations.
I remember that the intro featured at least 2 of the cars in the game: one that looked like a regular sedan/coupe from the 80's (made in a more futuristic way, but still kinda boxy), and a big car that resembled a space shuttle. The ending of the intro showed the both jumping over a broken bridge over a pit and I do believe that one of them failed the jump, being shown on fire at the bottom of the pit after that.
Other vehicles I remember are one that looked like a futuristic van and I also remember there was a small and very aerodynamic vehicle.
As I remember, there was the possibility to shoot other racers, and I think the ammo was finite.
I remember two tracks: one that seemed like rind of a regular circuit Race Track, and one with a snowy theme with an ice cave.
The camera was chasing the car but I do believe there was the option for a first person view.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

Try checking this list.
StrangeBrew

Post by StrangeBrew »

This sounds like a game I used to have, not sure though as I kind of remember it as being older. I vaguely remember the name being "High Octane" or something similar. It was definitely a cool game.

Added on edit:

Did some Googling and came up with this gameplay video of High Octane

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nh58lqd0PLg

I remember being impressed with the way the driving physics replicated the weights of the different vehicles, Took some serious PC horsepower to play it though. Let us know if this is the one, and if you find it let me know where.